• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Raccioppi83's 40 Breeder Reef

Thank you! I definitely can't take all the credit. A lot of it was desgined by Alex at Ocean Image Aquatics. I just did some tweaking here and there. I'm overall happy with how it came out! Eye balling the structure once I got the rocks home it may be a little to big, but it's going in the tank tonight.

So stay tuned!

So I have a little cyano outbreak that hopefully I can get taken care of shortly!

I did a little rearranging of the corals. I removed one of the rocks and put it in my sum for now and I made a euphyllia rock. As well as other minor changes here and there.20180115_181404.jpg 20180115_181417.jpg 20180115_181435.jpg

I also picked up a gorgeous Lobo and Cynarina.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I treat for cyano a few times a year with chemiclean. Works well just follow directions. :).
Yup! That's exactly what I'm going to get!

Follow instructions. In the case of Chemiclean 'just a tiny bit more' can mean disaster.

Also, the tank is under a month since setup. Cyano and diatomes are expected, if they didn't happen it means something is wrong. Might be worth just doing water changes and riding it out. Shame to start throwing chemicals in to combat something that is supposed to happen and will self resolve in a week or two. JMHO.

Well possibly! A lot of the water and sand (that's in the sump) is from my old tank. I'm trying to dirty up my water to get my nitrates up to 10-20.

@diana a Ocean Image Aquatics! I'll get ya a picture later with more lights to really see how nice the colors are. I never am let down when I go to find a new piece.. Next month they actually allowed me to host the next meeting there for Feb!

But getting back on track, it has a nice pinkish purple flesh with yellow spots on it. I fell in love at first sight lol

Maybe, I have seen this combo in smaller tanks that are doing well. If I see stress I have back up plans. As of right now, they're happy as can be.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Full disclosure here. Always have a backup plan. With that said I had a good stock 54g corner tank which included a yellow tang, a powdered Brown Tang, a flame angel, a tomato clown and a couple other fish. My tank ran for a good year plus with that stock before I broke it due to moving and I sold the fish off. I keep the fish well feed and they got along great. There was no sign of stress but I was prepared to move the fish at any sign of stress.

I guess I never uploaded a picture of just how bad my Cyano was. Thankfully it is not like this anymore! "Knock on wood".

I will try to post a new picture tomorrow as an update. I did a little reacaping and of course the cyano is pretty much gone. Resized_20180122_181300.jpeg