• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Re-populating ocean reefs

Hmm I wonder if they will tell us the magical secrets that make there frags grow rapidly since the rest of the hobbiest world still has the slow method?
Regardless of that this idea is what incision the purpose of reef clubs should be. Our tanks are a seed bank of frags from ancient colonies that could one day die off in a sense we preserve those corals in definitly

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
They ate interesting articles and hope the process works. At least a step in the right direction.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
This may have some truth to it. I thought the zoa frag from the grow out contest were lost and dead. I posted pics and seems I have 5 or 6 heads. Granted not fully open but there.
I had bad case of Dino's. The coral, frags, overflow were covered in brown slimy stuff.
The plug was buried in the sand for weeks. I did WC, peroxide dosing and then used Vibrant. I have to say very surprised they are alive and multiplied.