• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Red Sea 130D AIO

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So a couple of updates:

1st, I installed my jager heater so hopefully no more mishaps with the heater failing

And 2nd, I installed some truelumen, 453nm atinic blue led lights to the tank. The purpose was for me to reduce shadowing in the corners of the tank.
20170128_074916.jpg
I used some double sided tape to hold both the lights and wires

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just to throw it out there, I have my titanium heater controlled from my apex with the on temp at 78.3 and off at 78.4, the actual variance is 78.2-78.5 when it plays out. No ill effects on the heater, it's been that way for a year

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I did, but when the lights came on the fish went into feed mode....

I'm going to make another one, should I set and remove the trap daily?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
no...he's been quiet lately

but this weekend i am going to plant another trap and see what happens....im going to give that x-terminator mantis trap another chance...im convinced that it's some sort of pistol/snapping shrimp....but still could be a mantis

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Tanks doing good so far....the chalices that i have are growing out like weeds.....that and the caps. The acro's are the only thing not doing so hot....they'ved browned out

I'm starting to entertain some other lighting options....with the light so close to the water line, I'm getting a lot of dark spots on the sides....I was thinking of doing a single, 24" t5 fixture to supplement.

I have one from an old all glass tank that I'm tinkering with