• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Seahorses

Does anyone have any experience with seahorses? Any would be cool to talk about your experiences, but I'm personally more interested in the dwarf ones. I know all about them, so I don't need the whole lowdown. I was just looking for people's opinions and experiences.

Thanks!

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don’t have any experiences with dwarf seahorses. I couldn’t commit to raising live food for them. I do have a bit of experience with erectus. They are very personable. I can try to get my videos up of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I had dwarf seahorses twice. 1st was successful for a year. I hatched bay brine to feed and they even bred. only one batch going and it crashed causing me to lose them. I used an builtin under gravel filter in a 2g tank ran by an air stone. 2nd time I tried to use a HOB filter with a sponge but they kept getting sucked up and died.
I want to start a 1og dwarf tank with a filter box and air pump just not sure yet.

ORA seahorses ez mode... bit pricey tho but they eat frozen immediately. As far as dwarf goes be prepare to hatch baby brine for long term success, not hard but its a commitment. Tank set up wise they do prefer taller then swallow tanks, 2-3 times feeding is highly recommended. I got these pair for one of my client a while back love the OJ one. They ate pretty much immediately like half an hour after I introduce them to the holding tank.

Attachments

• 21762192_1413209655461416_2152219370538680594_n.jpg
    21762192_1413209655461416_2152219370538680594_n.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 5