• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

So troublesome news in the salt water trade

So today I was out at ACC which deserves a post of its own but ill save that for the other thread, any ways I was out to buy a flame angel and was informed that The state of Hawaii has pulled all permits for sale and,trade of marine life from its waters this includes exports of coral inverts and fish across the board, as well as diver permits for collection. Existing stores that had permits for the sale of these species have had there export permits canceled and at this time it is unclear of when they will reopen the market. I know in,the past it was in discussion but it has become offical. So sadly no flame angel... Unless I can find a captive breed or someone who is willing to sell there's.

Hawaii placed the ban months ago, I believe back in September. Flame angels can be found in other locations, and LiveAquaria has a few in stock from the Christmas/Marshall Islands currently. But with all the cold and this blizzard coming tomorrow I’m not sure anyone would want to have a fish shipped out until it starts to warm up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii placed the ban months ago, I believe back in September. Flame angels can be found in other locations, and LiveAquaria has a few in stock from the Christmas/Marshall Islands currently. But with all the cold and this blizzard coming tomorrow I’m not sure anyone would want to have a fish shipped out until it starts to warm up.

Ya will to try a few new,places wasnt liking my last few experiences at my normal spots

Not sure if you have seen but Fiji actually just placed a ban on coral exports. Seems like it’s going to be a rough year for reefing [emoji20]

Try major league exotic pets in Jackson. He had a few angels in there when I was there Tuesday. Maybe try calling or messaging them befor you head out.