• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
LFS... it was dry rock but it was called "Carib Reef Rock" or something along those lines lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
should be fine...sit back and ignore the tank for a little while longer.....i really do think you should wait till RAP. but i know its driving you nuts at this point

I got excited today bc when I tested for Nitrites, the water didn't turn purple right away but by the time 5mins was up it was still at 2ppm. Usually as soon as I add the fluid it turned purple so maybe it's getting better

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I got excited today bc when I tested for Nitrites, the water didn't turn purple right away but by the time 5mins was up it was still at 2ppm. Usually as soon as I add the fluid it turned purple so maybe it's getting better

Sounds about right. I'm could see in about a week you be good

This morning, my power flickered on and off for a few mins but it apparently messed with my ATO.. waking up this morning I saw my tank was almost up to the rim!! Maybe a quarter inch away from overflowing! Guessing the secondary mechanical float valve saved my butt on this one. I adjust the sensors to be a little lower now so I won't get a scare like that again.

Prob a really dumb question but adding extra water to the tank wouldn't affect my cycle would it? Like how I just stated about my ATO almost failing?

It definitely dropped my salinity by 0.001 but nothing crazy. According to my numbers tho my cycle is complete.
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrites 0ppm
Nitrates 100ppm
Salinity 1.025
pH 7.8

Thinking I may do a water change before I leave for work in a couple hours

stocking ideas?

Still on the fence actually.. I mean to start I'm gonna get a couple nassarius snails, not sure what else for the CUC. As far as fish go I really wanna get a pair of gold Nugget clowns but I know that may narrow my options for other small fish. Not that I'm gonna have a lot of fish in here given the size but I know they're aggressive

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Your concurrent rock cure appears to have dumped some major nitrates (and phosphates as well), into your water. Might wish to consider a number of large (50 %), water changes over the next couple weeks to get those numbers down before adding livestock.

Your concurrent rock cure appears to have dumped some major nitrates (and phosphates as well), into your water. Might wish to consider a number of large (50 %), water changes over the next couple weeks to get those numbers down before adding livestock.

I just did a 5g change just now.. I'll test tomorrow and see where it is and go from there. I'll test for phosphates tomorrow as well... should I add in my chemi pure blue and phosguard now or wait?

Nitrates are between 50-100 now, can't really depict which exact number it's at given the options they give me. I'll probably do 1 or 2 more big WC and then I think I'll be good. Also I have to go out and get more Phosphate regeants for my Hanna checker. Forgot I was all out

Also my skimmer is still producing a crap ton of micro bubbles. I bought filter floss and put it in the second chamber up against the slots where chamber #1 goes into #2 thinkin it would catch the bubbles but no such luck