• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Can't see how they market it as reef lighting. I put my water in about 5 hours ago at room temp (77F), heater set at 78F, and its currently 85.6F! I can feel the heat coming off the lamp sitting next to it.
May try cutting out the hole for the skimmer and directing a small fan into the innards, see if it helps.
If not, may try to mount the light without the top.
Or maybe even buy a Prime 8D.

Holy hell thats insane!! I didn't have that light long enough to know how hot it really made the water. Thank god I got rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seems like the clowns are having a tough time swimming around sometimes lol I mean they get to where they're going so I know they're okay so maybe it's just me overthinking it

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Interesting.
Might want to check your temp, the heat is NOT coming from the light, looks like its from the pump.
Ran the tank for 24 hours with light off, registered 83.7F

Clowns find their groove. Ive had em in hurricane flow and they do fine. Be more concerned with softies, if they stay closed it usually indicates flow is too high for them.

Interesting.
Might want to check your temp, the heat is NOT coming from the light, looks like its from the pump.
Ran the tank for 24 hours with light off, registered 83.7F

Clowns find their groove. Ive had em in hurricane flow and they do fine. Be more concerned with softies, if they stay closed it usually indicates flow is too high for them.

Wow really? Are you using the stock pump? I've upgraded to the Sicce Syncra 1.0 pump and I'm not having any temp issues. Well that and I have an open top now

So I'm getting ready to take a frag off a plug and glue it onto the rocks.. my only concern is, what if the location I pick for it isn't a good one? Even given the info on the specific kind of coral? What's everyone's take on that?

Ugh I may or may not have killed my torch... I took it out of the tank to remove it from the rock it was on(came from LFS) so I could glue it where I wanted it and in the process I broke it.. it split up one side of the skeleton, I glued it back together and in place and it appears to be slowly opening minus the side that got split... here's to hoping it heals!

Don't stress over it dude, I've done worse fragging a torch/frogspawn before. Worst case scenario is that the fractured head might die off but I think it'll be fine if it's showing polyp extension.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It was still showing little extension right before I left work. I'll check it out again when I get home later tonight

Update...

My AI Prime just started acting up. It still works but for whatever reason my night time schedule is gone and the light on top is flashing green. Tried messing with it last night for a little bit but no luck. Still tryna figure out what's going on.

My 2nd chamber media tray arrived today but I haven't put it in the tank yet. Been kind of a lazy day but that doesn't keep me from making a trip to the LFS!

I got this Milli colony and an acro crab along with it. Any idea on a proper ID?
4e73aaa8d10da27514e050cf99b17b36.jpg
bbb0c57d22600f5f25aa2e56e8090f91.jpg

Okay so thankfully I fixed my light. Not sure what happened but it wasn't connected to wifi any longer. I had to reconnect everything but after 45mins I got it figured out lol

So I completely forgot I added a new fish a few days ago.. it's an Exquisite Firefish. I completely forgot bc it's been hiding behind my rock work since I got him! That and I got a blood fire Shrimp that's hiding back there with him. Is that normal?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
When I had a fire fish he didn't come out much at all mainly when no one was around. Now I had a blood shrimp in my 54 and I have one now in my 36 both are very active and are always moving around. They tend to stay hidden under a rock unless it was feeding time or they were cleaning a fish