• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

When I had a fire fish he didn't come out much at all mainly when no one was around. Now I had a blood shrimp in my 54 and I have one now in my 36 both are very active and are always moving around. They tend to stay hidden under a rock unless it was feeding time or they were cleaning a fish

Such a shame that he's gonna hide all the time.. he wasn't cheap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11ce72941305ceb57a25e9be36d78540.jpg
b3f7222b654f24f986b063dd5f738909.jpg
69b82684909b058218af4a29de07ab16.jpg

I was planning on putting my media tray in the tank today but for some odd reason I'm thinking I should hold off.. atleast with adding phosguard. My phosphates are at 0.003ppm and have never really gone any hire since the tanks been up. I could always add it in later on if po4 becomes an issue but for now I'm gonna go without it and just add the chemipure blue and filter floss

I added the chemipure blue yesterday along with fresh filter floss into the media tray and now my tank is kinda cloudy.. I rinsed off the chemipure before adding to the tank. Any ideas why it would appear cloudy now?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I added the chemipure blue yesterday along with fresh filter floss into the media tray and now my tank is kinda cloudy.. I rinsed off the chemipure before adding to the tank. Any ideas why it would appear cloudy now?

It's probably from the resin in the chemi pure....give it a day or 2. How much of it did you add?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I forget exactly which size but it's the one rated up to 35 gallons

They make 5gal nano pouches of chemi pure....what yoy have may be overkill on that tank. IF your corals look "sad" pull it as it could be stripping your tank clean...too fast

They make 5gal nano pouches of chemi pure....what yoy have may be overkill on that tank. IF your corals look "sad" pull it as it could be stripping your tank clean...too fast

That's what I was thinking when my torch wasn't too happy. I meant to grab those pouches the other day but forgot.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The blue has this special resin in it and for that exact reason I have stopped using it. I now use the chemipure elite and I'm happy with it

So the past couple days I've noticed a lot of cloudiness in the water column. If you actually focus on it you can see it in the water column... I haven't added anything other than the media tray with filter floss and chemipure blue but then I took out the blue bc I figured it was bc of that. I've done a WC since then and it's still cloudy. Do I need some type of carbon in there to help pull it out?