• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sobo's Fluval Evo

That looks like an intake to me.....that also has an air filter behind it....and the front louvers look dirty to me. I'd begin by popping that off and put in a new filter and wash that grate. It's also low velocity intake and you should be able to put furniture within, maybe three inches away, without issue.

Yeah I need to clean it, I knew you'd say something about that haha if I can actually put it here it'll be awesome bc that spot is really just wasted space given the way my furniture is laid out.

Paul, there should be a filter right behind this vent? I thought it was just gonna be a duct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind, I found the filter, it's actually in the laundry room. Good filter though. I forgot the maintenance guys came out back in Jan to replace a sensor on the system so they swapped it out then

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
in my apartment we changed our filter once a month (would get a new filter when we dropped off our rent). Agree with Paul that looks like a in take and I think it should have a filter on it but unforunlty my hvan knowledge is like most people's IT knowledge; its there and it works lol

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Actually the filter is preferred, but not a code issue. It helps stop dust buildup in the duct work. This is especially true on these floor-level returns....and even more so if you have pets. But since it's a rental....... In addition, it does add more restriction to the entire unit, and might not be "designed" into the blower motor power requirements. The additional restriction could cause for premature failure of the blower motor, so I won't add one now.

Well I think I got my skimmer hooked up the way I need it.. I just gotta ream out the hole on top of the collector lid bc it's too small for the dial to fit in to. Other than that it's looking nice.

Also just ordered a Finnex 50w titanium controllable heater, nano glass cleaner and a Belkin Power strip. Safe to say everything is coming along nice and slow as planned.

I got in touch with a buddy of mine from another group about making me a custom stand for this tank because nobody sells one so that I can have it as the peninsula style it was intended to be. Probably be a few weeks for that because he's a little backed up making other stands/canopies for people but I'm in no rush. But as soon as I get the stand here and everything set up, it's cycle time.

Still waiting to see about getting some testing kits but not worried about that as of right now as it seems I'll have a few weeks to work with.

For everyone that has this tank, do you have an additional powerhead(s) in the tank? I keep reading that the stock return pump isn't that great?

Yes a bought a hydor mini nano and love it! Its quiet and its magnetic

I was looking into the hydro nano as well, i think I'm gonna wait til I have the tank going to see what I wanna do. As for the skimmer, maybe try a rubber band around the base of it so it'll secure better? Sounds like you need to tweak it tho so just continue to dial it in and out and see what works

Yea maybe after you set yours up you can give me tips. I tried everything. Its tricky. I had it on and looked great just bubbles foaming up. Then a few hours later it overflowed

I'll let ya know when you I set mine up and get it running but it probably won't be for a little while. Hopefully yours is working better by that time, if not I'll let ya know

Just a few thoughts running thru my head...
1. Anyone have any experience with the Kessil A160we?? If so, do you think this would be sufficient enough to support all coral life?

2. Do you think an Ecotech Mp10 would be too much for this tank?

Like I said, just tossing some thoughts around in my head, that's all [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
you should have no issue getting an even spread on that tank....just don't go nut with the intensity. currently on my tank im running my 360 around 20% with no problems (but in my case the light is right at the water's surface)