• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Steam Punk Lamp

My town was having a Salute to the Armed Forces and they asked me as a Veteran to come and display my Steam Punk stuff for the event. It was on the beach and very cool. There was also about 50 vintage cars there as well as bands etc.
That's the first time I wore my Dog Tags in almost 50 years. I am surprised I found them

Fellow CAV member here as well, 1CD, 1st Aircav, 2Batt. C. Co. MEDEVAC. Thanks for your service, and love the lamps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paul B

NJRC Member
Now that I am moving soon, I need to sell all these lamps so I put some of them on Etsy. I will list the rest of them as soon as I get time as it is a little of a pain to list them there as you need to weigh them, fill out a big form and describe the thing. I do want to keep 2 of the fish though. I can't part with this porcupine fish and I will be building more of them a little different soon I hope.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't know if you do this just for yaself but there is a lot of money to be made in Steam punk vaporizers ...Just look them up...you can buy all the guts and even digital controllers ...you just make the casing ...Just a thought :)
70685aa51b86c1ed9fabc2eb7625953d.jpg

fdabd4b6db4e8f5888a8630c3582b029--steampunk-vape.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
Very extremly cool. What do they do? I never made one of those but I will be designing a Steam Punk blaster gun soon.

Paul B

NJRC Member
All my Steampunk pieces sold today to an art gallery in Manhattan except for two fish that I wanted to keep for myself. I am very happy that I don't have to move them to my new home and I can start building new ones as now I have an outlet and the gallery will take whatever I make. A couple of pieces almost sold as I was bringing them into the gallery as two people wanted them even before they priced them so I am happier than my wildest dreams. Well, maybe not my wildest dreams as that would need a flounder, bowling pin, left rear tire from a 1957 Studebaker and a piece of meat loaf from Lady GaGa's dress. :rolleyes:

Here is my wife with one of my pieces on the counter in the Gallery. She is my spokesmodel. :D

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Grats! BAsed on the fact that they have a lot of pieces that have time to be photographed and put up on a website to sit for a while, I'm guesssing your stuff is a goldmine, and rightly so.
Hoping you got a good price, especially as its in the city.
Also, now that you sold out in 24 hours, and I'm seeing pieces on the site that have been there for a bit, make sure you get paid properly.
HAte to see you sell pieces to them for a few hundred only to find out they're selling for a few thousand.
You're on percentage I hope (and, if so, I hope its a lot more percentage than the gallery)?

Paul B

NJRC Member
I almost finished the 3 lights for over the Island in my new Island kitchen. These are wine barrel hoop lights.
This is one of them I built for a few bucks.

This is one that sells for $120.00
I will start on my wine barrel hoop dining room light.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I am working on 3 projects at once, which is a mistake. I have two lamps and a SteamPunk Airship that I am kind of excited about because I never built one before.
That phone box with the brass bells will be a lamp. I ordered the ear piece and when you lift the ear piece, the light will come on. The crank on the right will dim it. I have not decided what to do with the other vintage box yet.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Fantastic. Sorta reminds me of the old Buck Rodgers serial ships with the sputtering spark engines that sounded like chainsaws.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Those Buck Rogers ships had a cigarette in the back that made the smoke. Very high tech for the time.