• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunday Show Cancelled

I'd be curious the reason why. Years ago they had a "reptile and other pet" expo at the convention center and when I got there there wasn't a single reptile. Apparently Edison police came in and asked for a permit of some kind, which apparently wasn't even needed (I heard) and they booted out anyone with so much as a leopard gecko or cornsnake.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJ requires many exotic pet owners to have permits. They include snakes, many other reptiles, some birds and even some hamsters. Then, there are many pets that are illegal to own such as some morphs of corn snakes and Quaker parakeets. I wonder if these regulations came into play.

Also, ARRE has been cancelling a lot of their shows. There could be some bigger issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If this is the same company that had a show when we had our Frag Swap this past year, I know the couple folks who first went to the Reef and Reptile show stated that it was poorly attended (I think Bob was one of these folks). They also hold this a couple times a year, so my thought is that the market is saturated....too many shows, too frequently held.

I'd also not be surprised if NJ law has had an impact as well.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If this is the same company that had a show when we had our Frag Swap this past year, I know the couple folks who first went to the Reef and Reptile show stated that it was poorly attended (I think Bob was one of these folks). They also hold this a couple times a year, so my thought is that the market is saturated....too many shows, too frequently held.

I'd also not be surprised if NJ law has had an impact as well.
1+ they had a ton of shows lined up back to back. I mean there is only so many people that will constantly attend after 1 session

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I thought this was yearly and believe this is the 3rd or 4th year. My son and I went last year, it wasn't crowded and plenty of reptiles, fish and coral.