• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 350G build (was 150)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hello everyone. I finally got sometime to start this thread again. It has been a busy last 2 months for me.

First things first, the tank survived Irene. I was out of the country when Irene hit and was keeping my fingers crossed.

Today also marks the official 5 month anniversary for the tank.

For anyone who is wondering about keeping SPS under LED, check these pics out. My AI are sitting 22 inches above the water surface and the tank is 28 inches deep.

The clam in these pics is on sand bed, 50 inches from the LED :D

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0677.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sunny, I was actually just thinking of you last week and wondering what happened to you. Glad to see everything is fine. The tank is looking fantastic. I think it’s time again for you to host another meeting….hint, hint. :D

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Paul

I get the hint. However, Irene was not so kind to my home :(. My basement was flooded and there is a lot of cleanup needed.
This is not a good month for me to host a meeting ...

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Tank looks great. In the fts how much blue is on. How long do you keep the tank that blue during the day? I love the colors in the zoas.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Curt

I am running W/B/RB as 80/85/100. I like the blueish look better.
The lights start at 5% and ramp up to 80/85/100 in 4 hours and stay as such for 7 hours a day.

Sunny

Sunny
The tank looks great! SPS are looking good! Glad it survived Irene.
Now that I'm relegated to a 4' tank, I need to find a home with longer dims for my Thomisoni Tang LMK if you want to foster him. I'd really like to see him in a 8' tank.

Sunny! looks good. Hope all is well and glad to see you back!

Are these with your d90? or did you upgrade your glass also? :)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Some latest editions and tank update ...

Japanese Swallowtail Pair

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Yellow Eyed Cole - I think this is on very underrated fish ..

DSC_0013.jpg

Olivier's Purple Tang :)

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

100g evey two weeks is great ! Keep that up and im sure you'll minimize many issues!

Hey! If I can't catch this Tomisoni tang I'll hold him till your ready for another batch to go in

The FTS shots are fantastic!!!!!