• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 350G build (was 150)

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
I am in the process to try a new bulb combo and that might give me a better eye color - nothing to do with coral color
If your looking for bright I found the Aquablue Special too bright for my tank. I have 2 60" ones sitting in the garage. I went with mostly Blue + and a couple of coral +

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would think with the amount of fish in there, he wouldn't need to add much of anything.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I have an 8 bulb on top of mine and have no real issues with temp, in the summer it will get up to 81 or so but no big deal, i usually keep the tank at 78.5. I also have mine raised about 16 inches off of the tank. I'm not sure what color you're going for but if you want bright, I had two aqua blue specials, 1 coral plus, 1 purple plus, and 4 blue plus and it was bright. I only changed it as i went to lps and that was too much light. take out the coral plus and throw in an actinic, you'll have plenty of light and some bright corals.

I did not like the look of Aqua Blue Special at all. It is very washed out white for me. As far as temp goes, I have the lights inside a canopy and I run 18 bulbs. That is a lot of heat.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
So today I had to make a hard decision. For the past 3 months or so one of my favorite fish, powder blue had become a terror in my tank. He was getting nastier by the day and chasing everything it could lay eyes on. A really fat and healthy specimen but a bully.

Oh well took her out and she goes in the frag tank.

Now I need an achilles :D :dance:

So today I had to make a hard decision. For the past 3 months or so one of my favorite fish, powder blue had become a terror in my tank. He was getting nastier by the day and chasing everything it could lay eyes on. A really fat and healthy specimen but a bully.

Oh well took her out and she goes in the frag tank.

Now I need an achilles :D :dance:

Powder Blue and Achilles tangs are in my list of favorites fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
How did you get that fish out of that tank!?? Are you a fish whisperer?

I do not speak whale, but if you really want to know...

All my fish eat from my hand. I can literally pat them. I just took a water jug and lowered into the tank. She swam right into it. I took the jug and put her in the frag tank. No stress, no fin damage nothing. Took about 60 seconds start to end. :)

Last edited:

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hey Sunny....this is AMAZING!!! Great job!

Do you have an update equipment list? Curious on what you are using.

Hi Steve

Sorry for late reply, but not much has changed on my side. I still dose 2 part. No Ca or Kalk reactor. Same old.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Added some (read 4 different species 20 in total) anthias and a lineatus.

20170118_150427_zpslpnbpmgh.jpg

20170118_150512_zpsuej8qb1x.jpg

Amazing colors.