• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tale of my Tank

Hi all,

I just joined today.

My tank is about 3 years old. 55 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. I have a clown fish and a royal gamma. And various LPS and softies.

Parameter values:

CA 450

Alk; 8

Mg 1350

Phosphate .006ppm

NITRATE: 2.5 PPM

I also have a collection of snails and crabs, a sea urchin and a brittle star.

I'm enjoying the tank. My brain coral (red Lobo)tank.jpg is doing well, as is my leather and other softies.

I do have a problem with hair algae and micro algae. I'm thinking I'll try some antibiotic peroxide to get rid of the micro algae and then introduce some macro algae to get keep things in check.

Looking forward to learning and sharing info with everyone!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments and feedback. Here is the sump. I have the filter sock and protein skimmer - and Eshopps. The towel is there to keep the noise from vibrations down. The tanks is in my living room. I look forward to meeting people at the meetings.
sump.PNG

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nice looking. You can up the magnesium to help control HA along with cutting back food source as stated prior.