• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Temperature calibration

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
What does everyone use to Calibrate their temperature probes? I'm about to add mine back onto my system after having it sit for >1 year.

Should I get a new probe or can I just recalibrate it? And if calibration is the way to go, what should I use? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I use an infrared gun, and another thermometer to try and find a consensus on a temp. After I pick the temp, I try to keep it stable with no swings.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
If you're really serious about temperature calibration you need a NIST certified thermometer. I use this baby --- Long Stem Calibration Thermometer - Traceable --- and I'm very happy with it. For a little less money, I think I recently saw an email from Kevin at Hanna about a NIST thermometer they now make, I just can't find the web info.

Yeah I was looking at those on BRS before. Pretty pricey but might be worth it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk