• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The coral dudes

Has anyone tried this out? They have a monthly membership for $70 where they send 2 corals to your doorstep. You can either choose from the selection they give you or receive random corals. Not sure if its worth it or not

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I just heard about this service and I heard someone said they are very small frags Again I'm not sure its wroth being a member of it. Also I like going to seeing the corals (and fish) that I am getting for my tank. I like to check to see what they look like and not go by pictures which might be fake.

I know this is an old post, but we have order 3 times from the coral dudes, have not done the monthly membership. Everything we have received has been of good quality and yes small but you can ask about the size before receiving so its not a surprise. I do have to say though things have arrived with bubble algae so dipping/ scrubbing is a must. Everything from them is still doing well though

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I did the membership and one of the live sales, frags where small had items that where not shipped or where doa.

Was issued a credit, used it on another live sale to be told credits can't be used on live sales even though it was from a live sale.....

Again items arrived doa/missing and I just cut my losses as the next live sale as they where posting pictures of coral they did not have on hand and selling/auctioning them off before placing orders from the supplier to drop ship to buyers....

Short version shady business practices for drop shipped coral!