• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Throwing around ideas

So I'm thinking about downsizing the 93 cube and setting up a clown/anenome tank. I am thinking about 2 wild blue stripes clowns. I would include carpet,sebea,and rbt anenomes. I would like to use a 29g but think that maybe the minimum possible tank size. I would not be using a lot of rock or sand, as I want a lot of open space. Has anyone done this or have any ideas/ or opinions.? I currently have two pairs of tank raised clowns and neither one goes near there nems, hence my choice for the wild blue stripe.

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A 29G with a carpet....that's called wall-to-wall carpet. :eek: Carpets that I've seen get real big....unless you go with a mini-maxi, which are petite carpets suited for a nano.

I already have a 29g setup up plus I have a new tank that I would drill and close loop. The one that's running now Is doing amazing it has a pair of clowns and a blue to ion eel in it.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So I'm thinking about downsizing the 93 cube and setting up a clown/anenome tank. I am thinking about 2 wild blue stripes clowns. I would include carpet,sebea,and rbt anenomes. I would like to use a 29g but think that maybe the minimum possible tank size. I would not be using a lot of rock or sand, as I want a lot of open space. Has anyone done this or have any ideas/ or opinions.? I currently have two pairs of tank raised clowns and neither one goes near there nems, hence my choice for the wild blue stripe.

I am currently running my 36 bow front as a mainly nem tank; or at least for now. I would stay away from the carpet because as Paul said it get very large and limited other nems you will be able to add.

I personally would go with rock nems and bubble tips. I currently have two rock nems and one Condy. I plan on getting a bubble tip soon just waiting for the right one for the right price.

I have a flurry clown. It hard to get tank raised clowns to go into nems. Wild caught ones are better at it but again no sure thing. Now in my 54 I had a tomato clown which the second I put him in the tank went right into my nem but my other clowns never looked at them.

Yea I'm still in debate if I want one or several, other wise yes I know it's a hit and miss thing even with some wild clowns. tomatoes, clarkies,and skunks seem to be more willing right off the bat just don't know if there the ones I want. I love my midnights and flurries, i wish they would host.

The flowers are nice. Do you use a powerhead in your 36g? I'm tossing the close loop system around. My last carpet and Cindy fell viticm to a maxi jet in the smaller tank. My rbta stays put in my 93 so I'm not really worried about the two jebao sw15s

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you want multiple anemones, I would go with bubble tipped in different colors. Different nems can irritate other nems. This can lead to chemical warfare and a giant mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The flowers are nice. Do you use a powerhead in your 36g? I'm tossing the close loop system around. My last carpet and Cindy fell viticm to a maxi jet in the smaller tank. My rbta stays put in my 93 so I'm not really worried about the two jebao sw15s

I have two RW4s in the tank

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I had a carpet in a 72g bow front, that when fully expanded was about 10" wide. He also had a taste for fish and everything other invert in that tank

I have a 46 Bow front, the center brace is broken tho. You can have it for free, or maybe for a frag or a nem baby down the road when I get around to upgrading from Fish only.

Well bubble tips it is. Thanks rread16 but i will pass on the tank I really would like a 30 long but I have almost everything I need for the 29g. I may end up keeping one of my current pairs of clowns and may be try forcing them to host.

So I made my conclusion, well my female midnight clown really did when she started to host my bta in my 93. So the 93 will become my nem clown tank. Do you guys think I can put my pair of flurry clowns to the tank when ready? I will have coral and fish for sale or trade for either bta or flower anenome soon.

That's my thought just hoping being a big tank and having one out of there host maybe would help my chances, I would also be able to force the other clowns to host prior to going in tank, but I'll probably just keep the pair.