• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trials and tribulations of my 125 Gallon build

Okay, a small update. My skimmer (Reef Octopus Regal 250INT) had died last night. I’m away from home but the girlfriend went downstairs as I’m away for some work training and she said “no bubbles”. So we did some trouble shooting and the controller for the pump doesn’t seem to get power. I went ahead and ordered a new controller and power brick from Coral Vue but of course it’s Sunday. I filed a ticket as the pump carries a 2 year warranty so we shall see what the response is. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received an email from Coralvue- they will be replacing the power supply as that’s what they think is going on. So far, very happy with their customer service.

Hey bud if you are still battling those dinos hit me up... I have successfully beat those suckers on multiple occasions, including my clients tank.

I appreciate the help! It seems that after I sprayed the rusting pipes holding the lighting, they went away. I’ll def keep that in mind if I encounter it again!

Reactions: OiA
Well, my only complaint so far with Coralvue is they sent replacement parts via USPS. lol, it's not even a complaint with Coralvue, as much as it is a complaint with USPS. An overnight shipment is now delayed indefinitely. This is the 3rd package that I've had delayed this month via USPS. In the mean while, the skimmer sits dead and I'm home for another night. Was hoping to perform a large water change as soon as the replacement parts showed up. Okay, done venting.

Paul

Well, the tribulations have ended. I was given permission to upgrade!

Will post details later.

Here’s the 125 as it stands today

bd10049ac9233417267e2bc43e066b44.jpg

b88307a9a43e500070ec2a7d37275235.jpg

f1d44fde3519efed91a4e4bf6e115283.jpg

Last edited: