• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Trop closing?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
That is one of the many things I loved about Trop. I would walk in there and if they didn't have it (fish or coral) they would call their vendors. Sometimes it would take 4-6 weeks but it would show up at the store, and I'd get that wonderful phone call

That is one of the many things I loved about Trop. I would walk in there and if they didn't have it (fish or coral) they would call their vendors. Sometimes it would take 4-6 weeks but it would show up at the store.

They were going to let me actually have a piece of it if I came back on a less busy day since it was packed. I was standing in line with my family when the sold sign was put on the tank and my heart dropped a little haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sad as well. I wonder what and how they will deal with the clam in the display. Even my 300 isn’t big enough. And how the hell do you move it without exposing to air?
Wish he would have sold it. Nothing quite like them that I have seen.
Time marches on.....
I talked to one of the guys in there last night. He said all contents of both display tanks were sold already. I asked about the clam just out of curiosity.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I was sad as well. I wonder what and how they will deal with the clam in the display. Even my 300 isn’t big enough. And how the hell do you move it without exposing to air?
Wish he would have sold it. Nothing quite like them that I have seen.
Time marches on.....

I was told that the large display fish and corals were going to service companies who have the clients for those sort of fish. We would have loved a few of them but they were all spoken for.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just stopped in and such a sad sight seeing those once beautiful tanks empty. I did pickup 2 grams and a bottle of Mag. No clue what the drags are just wanted some pieces for old time sakes.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was in there talking to the owner and employees at 10:30 am. I watched them take apart the cichlid tank and the start of tank with the large clam.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was in there talking to the owner and employees at 10:30 am. I watched them take apart the cichlid tank and the start of tank with the large clam.

It depressing to see the cichlid tank torn apart and the left SW tank of the arch.

Its to bad they couldn't sell the buisness as a whole that's yet another lose to the aquarium community.. Sad to see another large scale LFS that's not a chain company disapear reminds me of when Animals and Things closed.. I know some were not to find of the place but the variety they had and the inventory they kept is just not matched by stores like Petco an pets mart. Sadly our hobby is small in numberz and the economy is to tough these days to keep the doors on these places open and the tanks stocked. Our only hope is that places like Petco will help introduce more people to the hobby and that they will eventually improve the way they stock and maintain there salt tanks some are in,a really sad state and that's the difference between the LFS and the chain the LFS take care of there tanks because there owners are usually enthusiasts them selves an treat there display tanks with pride not like a shelf holding the latest merchandise

If any of you happen to know the guy who bought their smaller display (right behind the register) let me know lol. I will pay any price they want for a Sinularia that was in there.

Didn't catch his name or info, but the guy behind me in line bought that whole tank. Think it was 2k with everything in there.

Was the Sinularia a bright green one? Bc I actually bought a frag of it from their frag tank for 10 bucks... was sitting on a piece of rubble rock at the bottom (must have fallen down) and had like 3-4 little branches on it. It pepped right up when I got it home under some more light.

Didn't catch his name or info, but the guy behind me in line bought that whole tank. Think it was 2k with everything in there.

Was the Sinularia a bright green one? Bc I actually bought a frag of it from their frag tank for 10 bucks... was sitting on a piece of rubble rock at the bottom (must have fallen down) and had like 3-4 little branches on it. It pepped right up when I got it home under some more light.

It was like a pink color, really fluffy and in the bottom left area of the tank. Super pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk