• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ultimate Corals Jackson NJ

Hey guys so I took my first trip over to Ultimate Corals in Jackson NJ a place I have been wanting to go to since I first discovered it. Let me first start off by saying this ain't your average LFS but don't let that fool you Mark, the owner of ultimate corals is very passionate about the Hobby and has tons to offer. think "Josh Pork Sandwich Zoas" type of operation to get a idea. Any ways Mark is Awesome it was a pleasure meeting him, his corals are beautiful and healthy and very reasonably priced. Mark didn't try to over sell me instead he helped me get a better understanding and guided me to making smarter choices and explained some of the ins and outs of coral care something you don't get at large coral retailers this was a very hands on experience and I came away with some more knowledge and a new local favorite for salt water purchases. Any ways the place is great the corals great and marks great, he offers multiple ways to purchase cash, credit or paypal (gotta love paypal). today I walked away with a Yuma mushroom frag and a rainbow bubble tip anemone (I love nems)
thanks Mark it was pleasure and ill be back for that Acan in the near future

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mark just buys old corals from other places and glues them together and paints them. That's why they're so colorful.

Seriously, I work down the road from Mark's place and have been there a number of times. He's a fantastic guy. Always helpful, always going out of his way to offer advice, and he's got a great selection on board. Don't think I've ever been in there where I haven't gawked at a few of the pieces (including a very nice Fruit Loop frag I picked up on Thursday). Competitive pricing, great stock, and free and friendly advice. Worth a visit.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Hey guys so I took my first trip over to Ultimate Corals in Jackson NJ a place I have been wanting to go to since I first discovered it. Let me first start off by saying this ain't your average LFS but don't let that fool you Mark, the owner of ultimate corals is very passionate about the Hobby and has tons to offer. think "Josh Pork Sandwich Zoas" type of operation to get a idea. Any ways Mark is Awesome it was a pleasure meeting him, his corals are beautiful and healthy and very reasonably priced. Mark didn't try to over sell me instead he helped me get a better understanding and guided me to making smarter choices and explained some of the ins and outs of coral care something you don't get at large coral retailers this was a very hands on experience and I came away with some more knowledge and a new local favorite for salt water purchases. Any ways the place is great the corals great and marks great, he offers multiple ways to purchase cash, credit or paypal (gotta love paypal). today I walked away with a Yuma mushroom frag and a rainbow bubble tip anemone (I love nems)
thanks Mark it was pleasure and ill be back for that Acan in the near future

Great meeting ya bud. Enjoy the corals :)

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I hear good things about this shop but have not gotten a chance to visit. I do like the images he post. Hopefully once I get my tank back up and running then I can get there; or maybe just take a trip anyway lol

This is my favorite place to shop for corals. Mark will let you know if something is not right for your system. Plus, if you are looking for a specific coral, let him know. I wanted pipe organ coral and told him about it. Now I have it in my tank. Plus if you see something you like, he can let you know if it is good for your system. He usually has a wide range of corals and often large colonies. I only wish I had a larger tank to try more types.