• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Volunteers for RAP 2018

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hello All,

As you know, NJRC is participating in ReefAPaloozaNY this year, and we are looking for volunteers to help us out for each day.

We would need volunteers for the following days and times:

6 volunteers for Friday from noon until the welcome bags are complete.

3-4 volunteers for Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

3-4 volunteers for Sunday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday and Sunday would be watching the doors, checking for bracelets, helping distribute the welcome bags, helping with wristbands, watching over the raffle area and helping with the exhibitor lunches. Wherever they can use the help.

Reef-A-Palooza will provide staff shirts to the volunteers working on Saturday and Sunday (shirts are not needed for Friday).

If interested, please respond to this thread with the day(s) time(s) you can participate.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Nikki will be up there whenever she can Friday but probably late. She will be there Saturday morning with me as well.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hello All,

As you know, NJRC is participating in ReefAPaloozaNY this year, and we are looking for volunteers to help us out for each day.

We would need volunteers for the following days and times:

6 volunteers for Friday from noon until the welcome bags are complete.

3-4 volunteers for Saturday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

3-4 volunteers for Sunday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Saturday and Sunday would be watching the doors, checking for bracelets, helping distribute the welcome bags, helping with wristbands, watching over the raffle area and helping with the exhibitor lunches. Wherever they can use the help.

Reef-A-Palooza will provide staff shirts to the volunteers working on Saturday and Sunday (shirts are not needed for Friday).

If interested, please respond to this thread with the day(s) time(s) you can participate.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Are you sure that is enough volunteers per day? I know we needed a few more hands than 3-4 at show opening last year. Also, RAP usually has one person at the front doors for pretty much the whole day and 2 people at the showroom entrance during peak times. By just having 3-4 people each day, you are almost locking them into working for most of the time they are there. It might be good to plan shifts to give volunteers breaks.

Then, there us the NJRC booth and ensuring that is manned at all times. I would also recommend that whoever mans the booth does spend some time volunteering with RAP and not solely at the booth. Lou and the RAP crew has been very supportive of the club.

As far as volunteering goes, I’m most likely going to assist on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
That's number that they asked for each day. If we get more folks to volunteer, then great we will take them. But now I'm just shooting for the minimum.

As you know @SeahorseKeeper , even getting that much last year was a very difficult task for us