• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi guys! New member here. My name is Max and I have been in the hobby for the past 10 years or so with taking a break for the last 3. I am originally from NYC and now I moved to NJ and it's great that there is a thriving reef community and club here! I am also like Ken in the process of looking at various stores around to see which one I like.
I have kept a 28 gallon bow front reef before and a Red Sea Max 250 system which was an absolute joy. Right now I am trying to decide how big I want to go and my wife is asking for Dori so... That sounds like permission to get a serious reef going hopefully haha.

@ken I am nearby in Colonia so if you ever want to go store exploring together I'm down lol.

Also if an admin reads this, how do I fix my birthday month? Accidentally picked a wrong one when setting up my profile.

Happy to be a part of this!

Max

New on here and name is Steve.

Wife and I just had twin girls. I have been in and out of reef tank for about 10 years now. I currently have a 29 gallon BioCube and saving for a Red Sea reefer 250, I have all the equipment minus the tank.

I grew up everywhere (military brat)

I currently live in Cape May.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
New on here and name is Steve.

Wife and I just had twin girls. I have been in and out of reef tank for about 10 years now. I currently have a 29 gallon BioCube and saving for a Red Sea reefer 250, I have all the equipment minus the tank.

I grew up everywhere (military brat)

I currently live in Cape May.
Welcome to the club Steve!! Congrats on the twins. I'm south jersey too. Mays landing.

Another Steve here, live in Passaic county. Had a 55 gallon saltwater tank going awhile back that I set up completely incorrectly but I learned a lot along the way. Just picked up a 180g tank off of craigslist so I'm getting back into it. Got it all set up, waiting for lights right now (ordered some but they didn't work out due to canopy size & $$$$). Broke the protein skimmer I bought while setting it up (snapped the acrylic cylinder). But other and skimmer getting repaired & lights should be good to go

Hello all,,, my name is Mike, Born and raised in Queens New York and moved out to New Jeraey in 2000 and have lived here since then. I am Married and have 2 boys ages 13 & 11 who both play ice hockey. ( just as expensive as this hobby ) but we all love it.
I have a 90 gallon mixed reef tank with a 40 gallon sump,Apex Controller, Leds lights 1/4 hp chiller, Korallin calcium reactor with an Aquarium plants Co2 regulator. I do Water changes every 2 weeks. I also have a 28 gallon nano tank and a 22 gallon pico nano tank in boys rooms.(extra work)...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 13

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hello all,,, my name is Mike, Born and raised in Queens New York and moved out to New Jeraey in 2000 and have lived here since then. I am Married and have 2 boys ages 13 & 11 who both play ice hockey. ( just as expensive as this hobby ) but we all love it.
I have a 90 gallon mixed reef tank with a 40 gallon sump,Apex Controller, Leds lights 1/4 hp chiller, Korallin calcium reactor with an Aquarium plants Co2 regulator. I do Water changes every 2 weeks. I also have a 28 gallon nano tank and a 22 gallon pico nano tank in boys rooms.(extra work)...
Welcome!! Looking good!