• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there gio, if you need help or have questions, about anything reef related feel free to post on this this site. Also theres a lot of local folks around in your neck of the woods....I'm in roselle which is walking distance from Elizabeth

Hi I'm Dan, live in Freehold with my wife and three children. Have been a fish keeper since childhood, always freshwater, including a long stint having a live planted tank that introduced me to some real maintenance routines. Lost control of the tank after moving to our house and having the kids, but they're old enough now for me to have time and enough sleep to care for a tank again. So I decided to take my first shot at saltwater. The girls want me to get anything "pretty and blue." while my son only wants sharks, whales or crocodiles. Pretty sure I'll find something to please the girls, but the boy will have to deal. At least he's been enjoying the Octonauts with me while I've been setting it up. I'm very exited to share this journey with the family.

Tank has gotten started, with pukani rock I had to shave and shape to fit in the tank. Live sand, dry rock, powerheads and heater working. Picked up a hang-on-back protein skimmer from a club member yesterday (radiata--great guy!) so I'll get that prepared and in the tank ASAP. Will add a hang-on-back fuge and let the cycle run. It's a 65-gallon tank, and I'm keeping the lighting I had from the planted tank so I'll be limited to low or low-moderate light corals for a while, until I upgrade in the future.

Will get a tale of the tank going at some point, hoping it will be worthy of others checking it out. Have been perusing the boards for info/advice, and look forward to learning more from all the experienced reefers here. Thanks to everyone for posting and being part of this club, this is a great resource and community!

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
welcome @Haus Its always worthy of checking out others tale of the tanks. Every tank is different and everyone does things differently. Look forward to seeing your tank developed. I had a 54 corner until I broke it down but now I'm getting my 36 up and running.

Hi to all my name is Giovani I was born and raised in P.R. move to Elizabeth NJ in 2005. I was a fw fan since I was a kid in Oct 2016 I decide to start my SW tank is been a rough journey but I will not give up I have a 55 gallon tank is hard to have a stable parameters but one day I will have my little ocean together .

Welcome to the club neighbor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hey guys and gals. I'm Dave. I live in Clifton. I've always had tanks [fresh and salt] but am new to reefing. I got a Nano cube 6 months ago and I'm hooked. I don't have a lot of photos to share as I'm more of a youtube guy. I may know some of you from there already. I'll try to work on a "Tale of the Tank" profile for you all. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Welcome to the club!!!

Hey guys and gals. I'm Dave. I live in Clifton. I've always had tanks [fresh and salt] but am new to reefing. I got a Nano cube 6 months ago and I'm hooked. I don't have a lot of photos to share as I'm more of a youtube guy. I may know some of you from there already. I'll try to work on a "Tale of the Tank" profile for you all. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Hey Dave, wellI do know you definitely know me...lol... welcome to the club.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Just want to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Dave, I live in Stanhope and work in Clifton. I've kept freshwater and saltwater tanks years ago and recently bought a biocube 32 led. I've had it going for little more than a month. Of course, I couldn't wait to get some things in it! After some research i came to believe that the tank would be good to start adding things after a week by using live rock and live sand. I've heard longer, but maybe I searched around to I found what I wanted to hear? . I started with a clean up crew, then a few corals, then a couple of clownfish and a couple more corals. I had a little spike in ammonia, 0.25, but it seems to have worked through it and I'm reading 0 ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Here's a picture of my tank, I'll post more with updates as my journey continues!
d0057525330e926f9f545258d1e9ac40.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hi Everyone,

Just want to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Dave, I live in Stanhope and work in Clifton. I've kept freshwater and saltwater tanks years ago and recently bought a biocube 32 led. I've had it going for little more than a month. Of course, I couldn't wait to get some things in it! After some research i came to believe that the tank would be good to start adding things after a week by using live rock and live sand. I've heard longer, but maybe I searched around to I found what I wanted to hear? . I started with a clean up crew, then a few corals, then a couple of clownfish and a couple more corals. I had a little spike in ammonia, 0.25, but it seems to have worked through it and I'm reading 0 ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Here's a picture of my tank, I'll post more with updates as my journey continues!
d0057525330e926f9f545258d1e9ac40.jpg

Welcome to the club!

Hi,
I'm Allen also known as Byron. I am 37 and have been into keeping fish since I was a kid. Grew up surfing the world with much love and respect for our oceans. I am a software developer, investor, and a ton of other things. I have just recently got back into reefing and am happy to be here. My whole family enjoys the tank and has proven to be a great way to help keep the TV off. I am currently working on sculpting the tanks rock and have been slowly playing with ideas to find a good balance of aesthetics and healthiness.

Current setup (mixed reef):
75G glass DT
Trigger Ruby Elite 30 sump/refug
M1 pump
50W mini heater (maintains const temp)
600W ceramic heater (for any big drops)
Complete Neptune Systems setup w/
2 WAV pumps
ATK kit
PAR kit
FMM kit
DOS kit

Olite/Mix bed
80lbs Life Rock
20 lbs rubble rock

... IDK a ton of stuff lol

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hi,
I'm Allen also known as Byron. I am 37 and have been into keeping fish since I was a kid. Grew up surfing the world with much love and respect for our oceans. I am a software developer, investor, and a ton of other things. I have just recently got back into reefing and am happy to be here. My whole family enjoys the tank and has proven to be a great way to help keep the TV off. I am currently working on sculpting the tanks rock and have been slowly playing with ideas to find a good balance of aesthetics and healthiness.

75G glass DT
M1 pump
2 WAV pumps
ATK kit
PAR kit
FMM kit
DOS kit

Olite/Mix bed
80lbs Life Rock
20 lbs rubble rock

Welcome man. Swing by the Tale of the Tank and tell us more about your build as well as some photos.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hi,

75G glass DT
M1 pump
2 WAV pumps
ATK kit
PAR kit
FMM kit
DOS kit

Olite/Mix bed
80lbs Life Rock
20 lbs rubble rock

Welcome to the club!!

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi,

75G glass DT
M1 pump
2 WAV pumps
ATK kit
PAR kit
FMM kit
DOS kit

Olite/Mix bed
80lbs Life Rock
20 lbs rubble rock

Welcome!! We love pics!! :)

Hi everyone!
My name is Tyler. I just got into the reefing hobby back in April and I'm really loving it so far. I'm 15 years old so money has been the main struggle for me and at the moment I'm saving up for a big equipment upgrade. I've learned a ton in the few months I've had my tank and swear I'm still learning new things every day. My current setup is a 46G bowfront with an 850 GPH Hydor Koralia Pump, a sump I made myself out of an old 10 gallon and some glass I had cut at a place down the street and within that is a cheap nano skimmer and about 50 pounds of rock. My current stocking is just a single banggai cardinal and a small cleanup crew. As far as corals go I have a decent sized GSP colony, a toadstool, and a monti cap frag. I always like to save money since most places aren't willing to hire someone my age so if anybody nearby sells pieces of their corals as they grow for a nice low price I'd love to know! :)