• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hi everyone!
My name is Tyler. I just got into the reefing hobby back in April and I'm really loving it so far. I'm 15 years old so money has been the main struggle for me and at the moment I'm saving up for a big equipment upgrade. I've learned a ton in the few months I've had my tank and swear I'm still learning new things every day. My current setup is a 46G bowfront with an 850 GPH Hydor Koralia Pump, a sump I made myself out of an old 10 gallon and some glass I had cut at a place down the street and within that is a cheap nano skimmer and about 50 pounds of rock. My current stocking is just a single banggai cardinal and a small cleanup crew. As far as corals go I have a decent sized GSP colony, a toadstool, and a monti cap frag. I always like to save money since most places aren't willing to hire someone my age so if anybody nearby sells pieces of their corals as they grow for a nice low price I'd love to know! :)

Welcome. This hobby is costly but you will find people to help out you here and there. I been doing saltwater for over 2 years and I'm still learning something new all the time. Good luck with your tank and please post some pictures in the Tale of Tank thread.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I am from Monmouth County also... holmdel. My kids attend St Leo the Great in Lincroft, CBA in Lincroft and St John Vianney in Holmdel.

I have been reefing for a few years. My 10 year old just started her own tank. It has been cycling for 4 months. She now needs corals to fill her rock work

Hey folks ,

My name is Aaron, I'm new to the forum. I was born and raised in Nj. I started out with a 40g, 90g, and 210g African Cichlid tank. Until one day the reef bug bit me. I have been hooked ever since. I currently have a 10g nano that has been running a little over a year. I'm currently working on a 50g cube build. Anyone interested in following along with my build on here? I also have an Instagram account Mele_Reef you can check out of you'd like. I am currently sponsored by CERMedia MARINEPURE, and ROD'S FOOD. I'm excited to be apart of this forum. Heard really great things about the people on here!!

Aaron Mele
Mele_Reef

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hey folks ,

My name is Aaron, I'm new to the forum. I was born and raised in Nj. I started out with a 40g, 90g, and 210g African Cichlid tank. Until one day the reef bug bit me. I have been hooked ever since. I currently have a 10g nano that has been running a little over a year. I'm currently working on a 50g cube build. Anyone interested in following along with my build on here? I also have an Instagram account Mele_Reef you can check out of you'd like. I am currently sponsored by CERMedia MARINEPURE, and ROD'S FOOD. I'm excited to be apart of this forum. Heard really great things about the people on here!!

Aaron Mele
Mele_Reef

Mele welcome to the club. This is a great group of folks. You should start a tale of the tank so we all can follow along.

Thanks guys!!

@Mikeamadio it is fantastic! I love how pourus it is. Holds tone of beneficial bacteria. It's also very light so it doesn't affect water volume/ level. I'm actually thinking of just using that instead of a sandbed for my fuge. I highly recommend it!

Hey folks ,

Aaron Mele
Mele_Reef

Welcome. I've seen your Instagram before, very nice tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk