• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi im vinny, grew up and still in North NJ . Here's a little about myself first and how I began reefing. I was born with an disease called cystic fibrosis and diabetes it has been a battle all my life I just turned 33 and 10 months ago my lungs have finally given all they got, I was at 15% lung function and bed ridden for almost 2 years, I have a wonderful fiance that stood by me. As of July 2016 I finally got onto the lung transplant list. I had about another 2months to live and I got my call on only one month. I received a double lung transplant that went amazing. I am now running and shooting life like I have had before. I finally able to plan my wedding. Anyway this is the reason I tom up reefing.I was stuck home recovering and not working.I needed something real to focus on other than my health. It has made me net happy and had defiantly kept me very busy. I am enjoying it so much and the network of help and people out there. Everyone is very nice on the community. I hope to link up and connect with people through this forum , and continue to enjoy and expand my knowledge than you every one

This is an amazing story. I am so thankful that your surgery went well. When is your wedding?

Hi all!

My name is Joe I am 23 (almost 24 my birthday is August 23rd) and I have been an active aquarist for upwards of 11 years now. I have lived in NJ all my life and recently graduated from West Virginia University with a degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Resources with a minor in Conservation Ecology.

I mainly have had freshwater aquariums my entire life. I am currently running a 40B community tank and a 60G mixed cichlid tank. It was not until recently that I decided to take the salty dip and I began a IM Fusion 20G. I love my little tank with hopes of upgrading it in the future.

Just a bit of info on my tank currently.

Tank: Innovative Marine 20G AIO
Lights: 2 Current LOOP
Live rock: ~20lbs
Sand: 15lbs of live sand
Livestock: 1 regular clown
1 misbar clown
1 cleaner shrimp
1 sexy shrimp
VIC

Corals:
1 Zoa colony
1 hairy mushroom
1 cup coral
1 devils hand
1 button polyp
1 clove polyp
1 daisy coral
1 keyptonite candy cane
1 Christmas favia
1 branching hammer
1 plate
1 orange tree sponge

Attachments

• 1502716118140138777311.jpg
    1502716118140138777311.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hi all!

My name is Joe I am 23 (almost 24 my birthday is August 23rd) and I have been an active aquarist for upwards of 11 years now. I have lived in NJ all my life and recently graduated from West Virginia University with a degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Resources with a minor in Conservation Ecology.

I mainly have had freshwater aquariums my entire life. I am currently running a 40B community tank and a 60G mixed cichlid tank. It was not until recently that I decided to take the salty dip and I began a IM Fusion 20G. I love my little tank with hopes of upgrading it in the future.

1 misbar clown
1 cleaner shrimp
1 sexy shrimp
VIC

Corals:
1 Zoa colony
1 hairy mushroom
1 cup coral
1 devils hand
1 button polyp
1 clove polyp
1 daisy coral
1 keyptonite candy cane
1 Christmas favia
1 branching hammer
1 plate
1 orange tree sponge

Looks good man. Welcome to the club

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Hi all!

1 misbar clown
1 cleaner shrimp
1 sexy shrimp
VIC

Corals:
1 Zoa colony
1 hairy mushroom
1 cup coral
1 devils hand
1 button polyp
1 clove polyp
1 daisy coral
1 keyptonite candy cane
1 Christmas favia
1 branching hammer
1 plate
1 orange tree sponge
Welcome!!!

Hi everyone, I'm a good ol' Jersey boy Work in housing construction, I find fun in all of nature enjoy fish but not fishing lol eating oh yeah lol have a koi pond as my summer escape and the reef tank for winter, I'm always tinkering around with either.
Would have been here sooner but Went down the Rabbit hole of the new Apex, So if you own an work one of these please pm me I need all the help I can get lol,
I went to my 1st meeting at FENG'S and the peefs where great. another addiction I'll have to feed ,Thanx.
My tank a costume 65 gal. with a sump made from 30 gal OCTo protien skimmer an 3x5 sock filter, DiY led's ATM: working on setting up WAV's ,DDR and DOS.
As far as live stock I have a bad memory so working on a journal and label system Pic's to follow, But what I think I have is 2) gold nugget maroon clowns (trying to pair them) 1) green 1) red serpent stars a 6 line wrasse a rose tip anemone, Haitian anemone and about 9 pcs of coral frags need to Id again lol oh yeah an a decorator crab.
I been with salt water on an off about 10 years now.
I plugged into a few forums but made this one my Home Group, lol. I also set up a Facebook page you can fine me as Rikki Reef (AKA) BluHawk. Picked Rikki because Rikki Tikki Tavi ? lol .
well hope that is enough to intrigue you? :dance: Reef On Good Peefs.

Hi everyone, I'm a good ol' Jersey boy Work in housing construction, I find fun in all of nature enjoy fish but not fishing lol eating oh yeah lol have a koi pond as my summer escape and the reef tank for winter, I'm always tinkering around with either.
Would have been here sooner but Went down the Rabbit hole of the new Apex, So if you own an work one of these please pm me I need all the help I can get lol,
I went to my 1st meeting at FENG'S and the peefs where great. another addiction I'll have to feed ,Thanx.
My tank a costume 65 gal. with a sump made from 30 gal OCTo protien skimmer an 3x5 sock filter, DiY led's ATM: working on setting up WAV's ,DDR and DOS.
As far as live stock I have a bad memory so working on a journal and label system Pic's to follow, But what I think I have is 2) gold nugget maroon clowns (trying to pair them) 1) green 1) red serpent stars a 6 line wrasse a rose tip anemone, Haitian anemone and about 9 pcs of coral frags need to Id again lol oh yeah an a decorator crab.
I been with salt water on an off about 10 years now.
I plugged into a few forums but made this one my Home Group, lol. I also set up a Facebook page you can fine me as Rikki Reef (AKA) BluHawk. Picked Rikki because Rikki Tikki Tavi ? lol .
well hope that is enough to intrigue you? :dance: Reef On Good Peefs.
Welcome Rikki, can't wait to see more of your system. I will look you up in Facebook as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hello all my name is Gerard and I love art and science. Keep about 10 tanks one is a saltwater coral and invertebrate tank 80gallon trop tank and turtles and a 20gallon holding tank a 10gallon planted tank a few 4 gallon beta tanks a hermetcrab tank and I am currently working on a line of fancy goldfish and a special line of playts in born and raised nj and have plans to set up a saltwater native tank with critters that would be found in the Raritan bay