• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Trio 91. Not sure what R2R is - is that the Reef to Reef website? I'm a member of reefcentral but not R2R. I'm excited to have found this NJ site hopefully meeting people in person to learn about the hobby/share info/meet new people.

I'll check out the Tale of the Tank.

Thanks!
yes, its R2R...i thought i recognized you from that site but it may have been on Reef Central...happy you stopped by

Hi all, so I recently herd about nj reefers through a friend and I'm glad I did because it seems like an awesome community. So I've always been into freshwater for the past 10 + years and now I'm in the process of setting up my first saltwater tank. It's a 135 gallon tank that I can't wait to get up and running. Anyways I look forward to chatting with you all on the forums and maybe in person one day at the meetings, have a good one!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Hello NJRC! I just signed up (well for the forums anyway). I think it's really great to have a local resource, the internet is great, but I'm old enough to still enjoy real people. :)

I've been keeping various tanks from fresh to saltwater for about 20 years. My current build is my first reef tank, I'm about three months into it. I took down my estuary tank, and had coast to coast aquariums in Toms River build me a new 155ish gallon tank (60x24x25.5). It's been a lot of fun, and a lot of work so far.

I look forward meeting the club if you'll have me.

Dave

Bad Fish

Officer Emeritus
Hello NJRC! I just signed up (well for the forums anyway). I think it's really great to have a local resource, the internet is great, but I'm old enough to still enjoy real people. :)

I've been keeping various tanks from fresh to saltwater for about 20 years. My current build is my first reef tank, I'm about three months into it. I took down my estuary tank, and had coast to coast aquariums in Toms River build me a new 155ish gallon tank (60x24x25.5). It's been a lot of fun, and a lot of work so far.

I look forward meeting the club if you'll have me.

Dave
Welcome Dave

Just upgraded to being a "real" member; hope to see you all at one of the upcoming meetings. The Jan one is a bit too far south to take the ride, but hopefully we have one more centrally located in Feb or March!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Just upgraded to being a "real" member; hope to see you all at one of the upcoming meetings. The Jan one is a bit too far south to take the ride, but hopefully we have one more centrally located in Feb or March!

Welcome Ken. I'm quite new myself and everyone has been welcoming here!

Dave

Bad Fish

Officer Emeritus
Welcome aboard Ken

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Welcome all new members.

If you would like to see a little about my current set up, I have a build thread at reef2reef.

DangerDave’s 155 gallon reef in wall build

If posting to other sites is a no no, please delete (or tell me and i will :angel2:)

Dave

You are barred from linking to other sites. For every post that link outside of NJRC you owe the club $5,000 in frags. lol just kidding. You are free to post to other sites but also feel free to post on here (in fact I keep my build thread on both R2R and here)

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Welcome all new members.

You are barred from linking to other sites. For every post that link outside of NJRC you owe the club $5,000 in frags. lol just kidding. You are free to post to other sites but also feel free to post on here (in fact I keep my build thread on both R2R and here)

Looks like I'm going to need $10k in training and years in practice to figure out how to get that many (or any) frags. :ohnoes:

Dave

Hi All,
I'm Dave from Bogota, NJ. I am the proudish owner of an RSM250 that I purchased used about 6 months ago. This is my first experience with saltwater. I stocked it with live rock and sand from TampaBaySalt, and I inherited 6 fish. After it stabilized I added a few frags and the cyphastrea was spilling, the duncan was budding and the mushroom was expanding. Then tragedy struck! One Sunday morning in December I hear a loud cracking noise and discovered a 12 inch vertical crack in the tank and water pouring out. I bucketed the water and removed the fish and some of the inverts and corals that I could save. Absolutely Fish in Clifton got a lot of free stuff that day.

After 2 weeks of moping and looking at the empty space on the wall, I called Red Sea and ordered a replacement tank. It has been up and running for about a month, it is stocked with Part I of the TBS package (part 2 will come whenever Richard recovers from his surgery) and a CUC that includes snails, hermits, a cuke, brittle and serpent stars, a lettuce slug, a lawnmower blenny and a watchman goby.

Yesterday, after removing a pesky mantis AND pistol, I returned from my LFS with a pair of picasso clowns who took to each other right away. I'm still hearing an occasional click so I might have one more pistol to deal with.

And don't scold me for adding too quickly: my numbers are all good: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0! and Phosphate .25 (gotta work on that one).

Thanks in advance for any advice, and I hope to show up at a meeting if any are a little closer to my part of the state.