• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Who doesnt do water changes?

46057d2282bf047ce44907d55373097a.jpg

A lot of stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here list.
4 clams
3 different types of hammers
2 type of frogspawn
Sea apple
Purple digi
Wellso brain
Two different bubble corals
4 type is chalice
Fox coral
Two different candy cane
Blasto
Flowerpot
Assorted Sps
Donut coral
Assorted mushrooms
closed brain
Other coral I can’t remember not in-front is tank

Almost forgot. Two huge Duncan corals.
Procilla sps
Hydro something ( killer of corals)
Miami hurricanes
Lobo
Pectina coral
Purple stylo
Other corals I don’t know the names.
In my mind I have a successful mix reef
So water change is over rated and waste of time and money.
To add to my high tech low speed fancy equipment is also over rated.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Just a poll to quench my curiosity. I don't and I'm wondering who also doesn't. I have gone about 2 months now with no water changes and wondering if other people have experience with not doing water changes.

I do water changes but I never change water as much as every two months. I change about 20% of my water four or five times a year.

I don't do water changes on my 38 gallon sps tank.[ Here is an old pic ATTACH=full]17866[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20171112_133432.jpg
    20171112_133432.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 13
The only time a water change should be done is for an emergency. It upset the balance you trying to achieve.

Great vid and it makes sense. After I started using aquaforest I stop doing water change and have seen good results. My tank looks good
Seeing growth with all my corals and Inverts. For all of you that haven’t checked out aquaforest I suggest you do. It’s the next big thing

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Great vid and it makes sense. After I started using aquaforest I stop doing water change and have seen good results. My tank looks good
Seeing growth with all my corals and Inverts. For all of you that haven’t checked out aquaforest I suggest you do. It’s the next big thing

Im going full AF on my next build

AF was really popular about year and a half or so ago. But ever since triton has come out that's all you really hear about these day

There both the same concept but AF is cheaper. I asked a few LFS if they plan on selling. They all said no it takes always from them selling other products.

Oh man that was a fail sorry. I was referring to whether you all were speaking about using just the salt and leaving it be or if you were using some sort of system with all their products.

I only use there component 1,2,3 haven’t don’t water change in over 3 months tank looks amazing very good growth

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I don't do water changes often, probably did 10g 2x since tank was setup in Sep. I use Red Sea coral colors weekly and will look into Triton and AF.

Triton you need a specially design sump with a big refugium, total water volume flow around 10x per hour. I was going to try it but my sump is not big enough.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk