• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

WTB Hammer/Torch - Monmouth County

Trying to see if anybody here has a black torch with green/gold tips or a blue hammer before I set off scouting the internet for a while. Please let me know if so and what price you are asking for a small frag that will fit on a plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I had never been there before. If it wasn't for this site I would have gone to Tropiquarium or ACC for my water. I bought 4 corals while there and water. It was the first time that when I brought a coral home there were no pests. I did CoralRX dip on all of them and on one of them it also got a Bayer dip....it was clean! It took me 25 min to get there. I live near Holmdel Park

I had never been there before. If it wasn't for this site I would have gone to Tropiquarium or ACC for my water. I bought 4 corals while there and water. It was the first time that when I brought a coral home there were no pests. I did CoralRX dip on all of them and on one of them it also got a Bayer dip....it was clean! It took me 25 min to get there. I live near Holmdel Park

I went to Tropiquarium for a few months since thats where my dad went when he had saltwater. Every time I went there I got some hitchhikers. Never anything too bad, the worst was an asterina star I picked off. I found ACC recently and haven't found any hitchhikers yet after my purchases, and the prices are a lot better than Trops, as well as a wider selection and some of the most friendly staff I've ever met.

Yup we have a few black torches available. Normally they are $100 but this week I'm doing $80 each on them. They are 1 branch frags with between 1-2 heads.

Ah, this is the Ultimate Corals account? I didn't realize black torches were so expensive lol. May have to look at other options then, I'm 15 so $80 is a lot for such a small coral. Very pretty though. I will definitely stop in soon, maybe next week.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Yup well I was actually a NJRC member before we opened the business and just never got around to changing the screen name LOL.

Yea true black torches are pricey. We've only been able to get 2-3 colonies in the last year and that was alot. Normally we can only get 1 colony a year.

Yup well I was actually a NJRC member before we opened the business and just never got around to changing the screen name LOL.

Yea true black torches are pricey. We've only been able to get 2-3 colonies in the last year and that was alot. Normally we can only get 1 colony a year.

Any chance you could show a picture or do I have to come in store? I didn't realize they were that rare so the $80 may be well worth it then

I can contest that @hcker99 has some nice stuff. My suggestion would be before you drop that kind of money you make sure you tank and you can handle the coral

Oh yes that is not a concern lol. My tank actually has mostly SPS so I doubt I would have any trouble with a species of euphyllia. But thank you for the concern, I'm glad to see you're watching out for people :)

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Majority of your pictures are awesome- any tips? I think I am running too much blue when I take my pictures.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Actually we only run blue leds and ati blue plus bulbs and take the pics under them as they always are. The trick is we found a camera that actually takes better pics under LED's them my $800 Nikon setup.

Amazon.com : Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Digital Camera, Blue : Camera & Photo

Best investment I've ever made to take coral pics and I've spent a ton on bodies and lenses and filters.

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Didn't see this before but wow these are crazy. I definitely have to get one if one is left by the time I get paid and can drop in.

You should see the black elegance that came in today ;)

hcker99

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
What price are you asking? If it's something I can afford I may have to ask you to hold it for me and I'll get in there ASAP

Right now there is a waiting list on these. But as a comparison this one will probably go for $550-$600

Right now there is a waiting list on these. But as a comparison this one will probably go for $550-$600

Oh my god thats crazy! Hopefully one day the price will go down. That's an incredible coral. But one hell of a price tag. I guess I will have to leave an empty space in my tank until I am able to buy one. Some day...