• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish room build “this is the way”

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
The clowns also look like they want to host so let’s see

Attachments

• IMG_0834.MOV
    8.9 MB

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Kessil also send me a new light. I was expecting a refurb but no they send me a brand new light.
my 360we had a bad fan and was over heating. So they exchanged the light with a new one. So I am happy View attachment 29599

good for you pal! I’ve only had to call their support once, and they were great. They even replaced a slightly out of warranty ap700 with only one question asked (did I try cleaning the fan? I did). I’m so torn with them, such a great product, great support, but they left us hanging with the ap700 app promises.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
good for you pal! I’ve only had to call their support once, and they were great. They even replaced a slightly out of warranty ap700 with only one question asked (did I try cleaning the fan? I did). I’m so torn with them, such a great product, great support, but they left us hanging with the ap700 app promises.

yeah the AP700 is a great light but they miss the mark by not having the light work with their older lights . the Ap700 can't even connect to the new light 360x. its a stand alone light.

the new AP9x is suppose to be able to connect to all lights new and old.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Nature will find away. In my last tank I had a copper-band fish that did a good job of eating aptasia I also had some peppermint shrimp so I am sure they also took care of any small aptasia in my old tank.

When I broke down my tank I did everything possible to try to clean the rocks. I cycle the tank dark for 90 days. I still haven’t added any corals. I turn on the lights and added two anemone. Now I look at the tank and I see some bubble algae and I can see one aptasia on the rock. This is crazy you can’t kill aptasia.

So now I will moved the 2 anemone to the frag tank. I will turn off the lights again and add vibrant. I will also pick up some peppermint shrimp and see if I can find a healthy cooper band.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
It’s a lot of rocks. It’s ok I am no worried.
I have to add some urchin more emerald crabs.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Might be easier to take out the rock and spray the offending things with H2O2...

I didn’t glue my rock down for this exact reason. I could take out a rock or two and dip it. But I am sure if I see one aptasia there is more.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was able to pick an anemone from @ole farny tank breakdown. The anemone is doing good I even got it to attach to a rock. It was also very nice of @Wilson to meet me at the LFSView attachment 29546

just stumbled in here, your fish room is looking dynamite! my family would miss me if had that here at my place. glad to see the anemone has gone to such a luxury estate too, i still have two left that would be envious. i need to spend more time on these boards i guess, and fwiw, i'm not breaking down, i'm upgrading a mostly softy to a mixed/sps leaning reef at the moment, or at least trying too.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
just stumbled in here, your fish room is looking dynamite! my family would miss me if had that here at my place. glad to see the anemone has gone to such a luxury estate too, i still have two left that would be envious. i need to spend more time on these boards i guess, and fwiw, i'm not breaking down, i'm upgrading a mostly softy to a mixed/sps leaning reef at the moment, or at least trying too.

Thank you I still got a long way to go.
The anemone is very happy.
I am planing a mix reef. I personally like lps

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
So I was able to pick up some vibrant from reefco. i started dosing today so let’s see how long it takes to get rid of hair and bubble algae.
I also added some GFO to the reactor.

Attachments

• A241BF55-1899-4356-8C10-B5218396C0FA.jpeg
    A241BF55-1899-4356-8C10-B5218396C0FA.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0

DangerDave

NJRC Member
So I was able to pick up some vibrant from reefco. i started dosing today so let’s see how long it takes to get rid of hair and bubble algae.
I also added some GFO to the reactor.

Be cautious with Vibrant. It worked for me in the past, and I would use it again. I feel it’s best use is in control of outbreaks. It helps remove algae while you bring what ever the root cause was back in check. I’ve never needed it for tank smothering outbreak, I only used it for maintenance dosing. It works, but made it next to impossible to get a hold of nutrients. They were either shooting up, or shooting down. I found the tank much more stable when I discontinued dosing and replaced a bunch of long gone cuc.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Be cautious with Vibrant. It worked for me in the past, and I would use it again. I feel it’s best use is in control of outbreaks. It helps remove algae while you bring what ever the root cause was back in check. I’ve never needed it for tank smothering outbreak, I only used it for maintenance dosing. It works, but made it next to impossible to get a hold of nutrients. They were either shooting up, or shooting down. I found the tank much more stable when I discontinued dosing and replaced a bunch of long gone cuc.

yeah I think that once I get a fox face and some more snails and emerald crabs this algae will be gone. I also haven’t setup my refugium.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
So I was able to add a coral vue ice cap
Algae scrubber to the system. The installation was very easy. I had it up and running in a few minutes.
the algae scrubber uses gravity to flow water back to the sump.
I already had 500 gallon return pump from jebao that I wasn’t using.

Attachments

• 6E766870-5916-4D2D-AE73-D5888315BEB1.jpeg
    6E766870-5916-4D2D-AE73-D5888315BEB1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 86BDEEFD-E84C-4BC3-9693-07D388E260D8.jpeg
    86BDEEFD-E84C-4BC3-9693-07D388E260D8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
So since I was able to put the algae scrubber on a return pump. I still had a Open return line on the manifold so I decided To add the 3 frag tank.

I used a 30 breeder I had to be the new quarantine tank and I moved the deepblue
Frag tank and added it to the system.

now I just need lights for these tanks.

Attachments

• 19A51B27-FA49-487F-BDA9-47A3DA5747A5.jpeg
    19A51B27-FA49-487F-BDA9-47A3DA5747A5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 450AD502-6ECC-481B-8276-C355B862BF02.jpeg
    450AD502-6ECC-481B-8276-C355B862BF02.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7