• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fish room build “this is the way”

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
hello
so now that I am home and I have some spare time. I think its a good time to start my build thread.
I recently moved and had to tear down my 125 gallon tank.
my new home is being remodeled so the tank build has been put in the back burner.

But now I am home and bored so here we go.

this is what the basement looked liked

Attachments

• IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_7500.JPG
    IMG_7500.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7883.JPG
    IMG_7883.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 104

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I divided the basement into 2 rooms
one room for the fish and the other half will be for my office
in the fish room we added a sink and a counter top

Attachments

• IMG_9958.JPG
    IMG_9958.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6611.JPG
    IMG_6611.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hopefully I can take what I have learned from this forum and my past tank Expirience and make this build better.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Looks great. Has to be wonderful having so much space you can dedicate to the fish room. Truly awesome.

my basement has really low ceilings so we can’t really use it for anything else.
the room gets real small when you put a 6ft tank. My last setup I had a fish closet.
My tank was in wall and everything was inside that closet and it was really hard to maintain it.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This is the boring part of the build.
My current RODi is a 7 stage from BRS but it could only make 75 gallons a day.

so making and filling a 210 tank tanks a few days of water.

Attachments

• 015F96F5-1DFF-4325-ACBE-E96BD6B90A17.jpeg
    015F96F5-1DFF-4325-ACBE-E96BD6B90A17.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • FF536E2C-84D4-4CB1-AE04-506168737846.jpeg
    FF536E2C-84D4-4CB1-AE04-506168737846.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Looks like a really nice build. What are you plans for the fish room?
I already own two
4ft deep blue frag tank that are holding my fish right now.

I have a 4ft low boy frag tank that I drilled in the garage and I also have another deep blue frag tank that I pick up here that’s not drilled yet.

I plan on having a total 4 frag tanks and my 210 all as one system and one sump.
I also will have a refugium and quarantine tank for frags and fish.

I plan to add the frag tanks as needed. So when thing grow I can put them in line.

I am thinking about running two of the frag tanks with rocks instead of frag racks.

then having two running with no rocks just frag racks.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
yep thats exactly what i have. build quality is ehhhhhhh. but bang for the buck was spot on.

I got my tank in the summer. At ACC summer bash. They sold tanks at cost so I paid almost nothing for this tank.
This is the biggest tank I have ever set up.
my last tank was a 125 gallon.

I got my tank in the summer. At ACC summer bash. They sold tanks at cost so I paid almost nothing for this tank.
This is the biggest tank I have ever set up.
my last tank was a 125 gallon.

I bought mine from a reefer up near Philadelphia. he decided to go with the 180 instead. he bought new and never used. Not sure how long it sat in his garage or at the store, but it's stamped 2015. I can clearly see that the tank was never used though without question.

I got it for $500 with a half built stand. so yeah I feel like I got it for nearly free too! thanks for the tip about ACC. will keep a lookout for future tanks. only other tank I have is a 15g fluval flex if like to get a couple of quarantine tanks but I don't want eyesores. 30 to 50 for fish and maybe a bit smaller for frags. very curious what you snagged it for.