• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A few pics

Well i just redid my rock with a few cut up plastic hangars, and a piece of acrylic to stack the m better, and im really happy about the way it turned out.

Before
IMG_0003.jpg

After
IMG_0042.jpg

Some corals
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Hawk
IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Let me know what you think, Dan

Looks great! What size tank is it? Can you tell us a little bit about the plumbing and your regiment? Nice work! Does that hawk fish stir up the substrate? How big is he/her?

Its a 30Gal. cube made by oceanic with a 20 gal long sump/ fuge. It has an asm G1x with meshweel mod, and a jbj ATO. hawk fish does nonthing in the way of stirring up the sand and honestly i wish i never got him, because he harasses all my snails, and i cant have any shrimp. I do a 5 gal. waterchange every other week, with ro/di and i top off with ro/di as well. i only have 3 small fish and a pretty big skimmer so there isnt a whole lot of maintenence to do.

heres another shot of the tank to give you an idea of the rock work, it allows for alot better waterflow and less detritus build up.

IMG_0090-1.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

I made the stand and canopy myself its 2x4 frame with red oak skin, the light is a 175w MH 14K bulb, with 2 13w actinic supp. The tank sits between 2 closets and the sump is in the closet behind the tank witch is great because it lets me work on it very easily.

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Controllers, btw if your thinking of getting an ATO then i would reccomend the JBJ it has never failed and works perfectly.

IMG_0094.jpg

BTW the reason for the lack of corals is because my uncle set up a new reef and i got him started with a bunch of frags. And im waiting for macna.