• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

August 2018 Monthly Meeting

August 2018 Monthly Meeting
Mark_C's Hourse
Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 18, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The August 2018 meeting will be held at @Mark_C 's house

Address: 29 Bradley Avenue Brick NJ 08724

Heya folks, another Summer, another party! Carla and I had a blast last year and through the course of the day we had 40 or so folks pass through. Hoping to beat that number this year.

So, plans…
Tables out back for selling your stuff! Bring stuff!
Feel free to bring frags for sale or trade, I’ll have a small frag tank set up if you need a display!
As always, the NJRC frag raffle!
A few special raffles with some nice surprise items!
Pickup for a couple of group orders (will post soon)
Burgers, dogs, sausages on the grill!
Craft beers are very welcome, I’ll have a selection to share myself!
Kid friendly, swings, theatre room in basement with kid movies, PS4, outdoor games!
Adult friendly - DRONES!
And... Free white worm cultures and demonstration for everyone attending (assuming they survive the heat - our AC is awaiting a new part arriving in 48 hours)!

Running this on a Saturday, know many folks have kid stuff going on in the AM, so going to start a bit later than usual at 1pm and run till 6pm. As its a Saturday, feel free to stick about after for a fire, smores, and drinks.

State of the tanks…
The 25g reef is being transferred to a 40b next weekend, so it’ll probably be full of diatoms for the party.
The 10g pest/xenia tank hasn’t had a water change since last year’s party and is still going strong, though the anemone crab shed its shell and lost its anems (it now carries around xenia).

Hope to see everyone!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I will try and make this one. There was a time when I donated a whole SPS frag pack for raffles. If I did not donate, @Raffle King would call me out :D. Good times.

Well I am poor on SPS right now but I have fish. If the BOD thinks donating a decent fish or two for the raffle is OK, I will bring some.

LMK.

Also @Mark_C I will bring some type of alcohol, just not beer or wine ;)

Sunny

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I will try and make this one. There was a time when I donated a whole SPS frag pack for raffles. If I did not donate, @Raffle King would call me out :D. Good times.

Well I am poor on SPS right now but I have fish. If the BOD thinks donating a decent fish or two for the raffle is OK, I will bring some.

LMK.

Sunny
I don't see an issue with it. Just give us a value of the donated item

LMK.

Sunny
You are the man Sunny

Sounds like a lot of fun! best of everything and more! Wish I could get there it's kinda far for me atm my van broke down last week and still trying to get the money to fix it. Passenger front tire controle arms and breaks hardware possibly new tire....and rim..... fun this build is not lolol but if I can figure out a way I really want to go to meeting talk fish and corals
Hey just saying I would totally be the dedicated camera man and drone camera guy if that's an interest fully document and take care of posting and editing mayb. Lol unless this is drone other lol I might sit this out
But I could show you some ideas I have for artwork and other things I might just post everthing on one of the threads but it's all just not scanned into a pc

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Setting up a vendor group order now in an interesting format, keep eyes open early next week.

Have a few sale items myself I'll post, including a RO skimmer, Maxspect light, AI light, and an IM tank/stand combo.

Attachments

• IMG_7813.jpg
    IMG_7813.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Sure, post it here! Saves filling up other forums with stuff and stays meet specific.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have the following for sale:
1) Classic Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer - $75
2) HOB nano skimmer - $10
3) Current LED light strip - $20
4) Green Nepthea - $10 per stalk, not sure how many I plan to cut. They will be cut the morning of the meeting. Therefore you need to mount the frag. Let me know in advance of interested so I can get a count.
5) Will also bring some frags of the Hollywood stunner coral

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I have the following for sale:
1) Classic Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer - $75
2) HOB nano skimmer - $10
3) Current LED light strip - $20
4) Green Nepthea - $10 per stalk, not sure how many I plan to cut. They will be cut the morning of the meeting. Therefore you need to mount the frag. Let me know in advance of interested so I can get a count.
5) Will also bring some frags of the Hollywood stunner coral

I’m down for the Green Nepthea and the stunner!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sure thing Dave.
These are free as I got my frag from Juan for free so not comfortable selling.
There will be a few anyway.
One Stunner frag goes to MikeM and now you.
One Nepthea frag goes to MikeM and you.

I wish I could go I totally would like to hang out and pick up those corals stunner and green nepthea is basicly the last to the puzzle lol but I haven't a van nor could get a ride oh well *sigh* if I can get to petco today I consider that a win. Lol I need more water conditioner

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
6 head BIG Sunny D. - $20
4 head Rasta. - $10
7 head Rasta. - $20
12 head Rasta - $30
4 head Blow Pop - $15
A Reef Octo Space Saver 110 in minty condition - $100
2 Generic float ATO units (floats and controller, supply own pump) One unit never used, 1 used for 6 months - worked fantastic - $25 each
CPR Small Hang on Refugium with pump - $50
Finnex hang on Refugium with FugeRAY LED - $20 (this is a cheato growing monster)

Last edited: