• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Do I have an Aptasia Problem?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When my Long Nose Yellow Butterfly was alive, I never knew I had Aptasia. If someone would ask, I'd say, "No, I have no aptasia." Well, the yellow guy died and now I have aptasia everywhere! Everywhere. I go into the fishroom tonight and right on the front glass is....... an Aptasia!

I'm restocking my tank and you can bet a Long Nose Yellow Butterfly will be on that list....hope he's hungry!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How are those filefish? I have some aiptasia growing in areas that I can't really reach...I have a hawkfish so I think shrimp would just be an expensive lunch for him. But I also have some nicer zoanthids/palys that I don't want eaten...Any experiences with a filefish?

The liveaquaria description scares me. Neat looking fish though.

C

charterreefer

I bought a filefish for an aiptasia infestation. It ate every one. The funny part was that I never saw it eating any of them. It didn't seem to bother anything else.