• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

FS: Flame Angel & Maroon Clown/BTA - Jackson

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have a few fish that are in need of a good home.

First is a Flame Angel that is very colorful and healthy. We've had it for about 2 years. $45

Second is a Maroon Clown and BTA combo. The BTA is attached to 3# piece of rock and is about 6" when fully opened. The clown is about 2". $50

Thanks!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a Flame angel that was a model citizen but last few months it's nipping at zoo's and paly's. As usual it'***** or miss with them.

Mark

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've never seen ours nipping at zoas, but we don't keep any high end ones in there with it either (of course it wouldn't eat those rocks covered in green paylys)!

Speaking of which, we have three larger than grapefruit sized (2-3#) rocks covered in green palys, in various states of happiness. Some are green and some have been under other rock or rolled around a bit. Hardy and will come back with a little TLC. 15$ per rock.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Smart move. With those species that are questionable you just NEVER know. MikeM had a rabbitfish that ate thousands (and I'm probably underestimating that number) dollars worth of zoas.

malulu

NJRC Member
my flame agnel was a good citizen for about 6 months, then it started to pick on some soft corals...
then i read a article some where about he may be hungry... then i invest on a auto feeder for 3 times a day, after that, he is good citizen again... for 3 years now.

having said that - no ones can guarantee he won't start to do it again or not... he is a beauty though...
;)

solution - a one more new tank??
;D

momof6kids

NJRC Member
malulu said:
my flame agnel was a good citizen for about 6 months, then it started to pick on some soft corals...
then i read a article some where about he may be hungry... then i invest on a auto feeder for 3 times a day, after that, he is good citizen again... for 3 years now.

having said that - no ones can guarantee he won't start to do it again or not... he is a beauty though...
;)

solution - a one more new tank??
;D

LOL Yeah, David, you need a FOWLR tank. ;D

malulu

NJRC Member
yeah, if my wife ever agreed to get one more tank in the house, the only fish in it would be me - dead!
;)

momof6kids said:

momof6kids

NJRC Member
malulu said:
yeah, if my wife ever agreed to get one more tank in the house, the only fish in it would be me - dead!
;)

momof6kids said:

lol you aren't kidding. I so wanted to grab that 180 gal. tank but I knew that Doug would kill me. ;D

I've got him almost to the point that I can upgrade but I've been talking 210+ so we will just play it by ear. Take it easy like. ;D

Of course, now he wants to move the tank to a whole new spot which throws off my whole idea of going through the wall into the garage for the sump. Where he wants to move it would mean going down through the crawl space and into the real basement for the sump.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Next meeting is up at Bax's place, Jose. Let me know if you want me to bring it up then for you.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here are a few pics:

Flame

flame.jpg

BTA

BTA.jpg

Clown

Clown.jpg

Nice shots John/Phyl! Gotta love that flame. If Jose dosen't take him, I might. I will try to follow it along and will let you know.