• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Introduction to marine first aid

Hey everyone and welcome to the first aid forum, I asked to have a forum created so that we can give advice on first aid for our aquatic friends and give them a better chance of staying out of the porcelain grave yard.
In this post I'm gonna generalize fish, inverts, and coral as creatures just to simplify but the first aid posts following this created by members including my self will be species specific.
In the past an injury to an aquatic creature pretty much ment a 3 out of 4 chance of fatality, options were limited and little knowledge could be found of treatments aside from broad spectrum medications that often did more harm then good especially to other creatures in the tank, and good old fashion quarantine tanks were fish were isolated in hopes that when they die they don't take out the rest of the tank.
I'm sure I this forum those options I mentioned will come into play and they do have there place in the treatment practice but I want us to get a little more defined in are practice of aquatic care.
As a general rule for this forum let's try to be well researched in our treatment plans and remedies. It shouldn't be well the guy at petco said copper is a great cure all just dose the display tank kinda stuff.
I hope you all contribute and look forward to help save some of our aquatic friends