• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

Just picked up my new build its a DSA 225 pro happen to find it 2 miles from my house for sale been looking for this size tank for couple years so it was meant to be. It's 72x27x27 it's going to be a slow build have to break down the 2 tanks I have now to fund the build Hopefully I can get it done by the end of summer or fall.1517185080451945623947.jpg

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Just picked up my new build its a DSA 225 pro happen to find it 2 miles from my house for sale been looking for this size tank for couple years so it was meant to be. It's 72x27x27 it's going to be a slow build have to break down the 2 tanks I have now to fund the build Hopefully I can get it done by the end of summer or fall.View attachment 18048
that looks really new, like never used type new. Nice find bud

lighting, stocking, plumbing and equipment ideas?

that looks really new, like never used type new. Nice find bud

lighting, stocking, plumbing and equipment ideas?
The original owner had it for 2 years then sold it the guy I bought it from had it for over a year and never set it up

Thinking 150 lb to 200 lb of dried rock and a sand bed lps dominant tank with a little sps and zoas

Lighting is going to be either 2 reef breeders 32 inch v2 or 3 ocean revive t247

Plumbing is going to be a bean animal with blue plumbing always wanted colored plumbing and a trigger system 39 sump in blue

Pumps will be two jebao dcp 4000 already have them one for each return line for now upgrade down the road. Flow will be 2 or 3 jebao 55 cross flows. Skimmer I'm thinking a aquamaxx fc- 280. Controlling it all will be my Apex classic that already have it's going to be a budget build nothing too fancy.

It's my first big tank so any tip will be appreciated

Got some work done on the stand today. Pick up a cheap set of leds off Amazon for a stand light they are pretty bright. Also picked up a can of flex seal to protect the stand from moisture and Spills and stuff like that. Did one coat going to need another one after it dries pretty nice stuff really thick filled in screw holes. 20180216_114356.jpg 20180216_114405.jpg 20180216_114831.jpg should be ordering my Sump this week hope to have all the plumbing done in a week or so.20180216_093827.jpg 20180216_095542.jpg

Last edited: