• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My DIY Sump,.New K-2 Skimmer and WM MR-100 up and Running

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My DIY sump 24"L x 14"H x 14"W. My new Warner Marine K-2 protein skimmer and the new MR-100 Media Reactor. I got the first on from Warner Marine. Hope you like the photos
636_16_04_09_3_04_59.jpg

636_16_04_09_3_07_44.jpg

636_16_04_09_3_08_08.jpg

636_16_04_09_3_08_41.jpg

636_16_04_09_3_09_02.jpg

The all new Warner Marine Media Reactor MR-100
636_16_04_09_3_11_09.jpg

636_16_04_09_3_11_41.jpg

Now My tank 180 gallon
636_16_04_09_3_09_25.jpg

You should have a sticker on the tank that says "WM Approved". ;D

what an amazing tank - what gigantor sized tang is that? Holy cow that thing probably sneers at the two yellows and pbt.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the Kind words. Jon at WM is super nice guy and he did send me some extra stickers LOL.
That is a Vlamingi Tang (3-4") when I got him about 5 years ago. He is now 16" He is a food Hog must over fed the tank.
Here are some more Photos of Him
636_16_04_09_3_10_13.jpg

636_17_04_09_8_36_21.jpg

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Warner Marine Media Reactor MR-100 Works awesome and the pump is so quite that you will think it is off.
If you get the Reactor you will not be sorry. The one nice think about it it should fit almost any sump and it only uses 20 watts of power.

Very nice tank. Ho do you like the WM k2-cone PS ? Do you feel that cone skimmers are more effective than the "regular / tube shaped" skimmers? and do they justify the heftier price ?

First great tank...amazing zoas and tang.

Second you did a super creative DIY Sumps....what a great way to solve the cannot get it to fit under the tank problem. Very impressive, anyone can buy good equipment but to come up with a solution like that is something else. Congrats on such a good job. :)

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
AngelPete said:
Very nice tank. Ho do you like the WM k2-cone PS ? Do you feel that cone skimmers are more effective than the "regular / tube shaped" skimmers? and do they justify the heftier price ?
I  love the K-2 skimmer. I do feel the cone skimmer is more effective than most tube skimmers. I have had MRC, ETSS, Red Sea, and so on. One of the nice things is it only uses 20 watt pump. Like my MRC and Etss they used 180 watt pumps. The Bubbles on the K-2 are so fine it is like milk. I have never seen a Protein Skimmer in more than 15 years have bubbles that fine. Also the bubbles flow up the cone so slow and smooth with no turbulence.
Do I feel they justify the heftier price ? I would have to say yes. because I never seen a skimmer work like a cone. But time woll tell.

Daniel

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JRWOHLER said:
First great tank...amazing zoas and tang.

Second you did a super creative DIY Sumps....what a great way to solve the cannot get it to fit under the tank problem. Very impressive, anyone can buy good equipment but to come up with a solution like that is something else. Congrats on such a good job. :)
So you like the DIY sump setup ;D Thank you I was wondering if any one would like it or not.
That set up works better than I could have thought.
Thank you for the kind words ;D Makes me feel really good on what solution I came up with for my needs.
Daniel

Super job. Looks great. Is that sump glass or acrylic? Tough to make? Asking cause I gotta make a fuge and am a bit hesitant.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
junk said:
Super job. Looks great. Is that sump glass or acrylic? Tough to make? Asking cause I gotta make a fuge and am a bit hesitant.
Hi it is Acrylic and it was not that hard to do. Much cheaper than buying one built. I say go for it.