• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Nano Set Up

We are putting together a 10G JBJ Nano for a friend... So far we have glued GSP, Mushrooms, Cloves, and Palys to the back glass and set up a reef scape in the center, it is stocked with a Clown, Clown Goby, Six Line Wrasse, and a Green Chromis...

Any suggestions on what else we could do to make it "cool" for his kids?

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
We are putting together a 10G JBJ Nano for a friend... So far we have glued GSP, Mushrooms, Cloves, and Palys to the back glass and set up a reef scape in the center, it is stocked with a Clown, Clown Goby, Six Line Wrasse, and a Green Chromis...

Any suggestions on what else we could do to make it "cool" for his kids?
Throw a pistol shrimp in there that looks like the goby and hope they pair up

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I'd definitely take the wrasse out and possibly the chromis... there are A LOT of fish in there for a 10g. Looks good though!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Agreed with Eric, if that wrasse doesn't jump he's going to scare the others into jumping as some point.
I'd throw some pulsing xenia on the rockwork. Eventually it'll grow out (I have a 10g 'Hypnotank' packed) and cover all the rockwork. My kids love watching it.

Different goby. They pair with the watchman goby. Both yellow, but watchman get larger and have blue spots on them. We have one in the one nano.

Fun fact...pistol shrimps can make a noise that’ll break 1/4” glass

Not such fun fact... I have a pistol shrimp which does snap at my goby on occasion. I also have a 20L glass tank with 1/4" glass. Do I need to worry?

Hey guys just got myself a 20gl nano innovative marine tank. I just cant get comfy or good at gluing down the coral! Im new to this and i feel like im stressing them out when i touch or get the out the tank to try it. I wish i could have some one help. Please anyone lmk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

db5865480b1989f7418e090731cd1281.jpg

This is it with the toadstool in the back left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Welcome to the forum @ddauti1. Where are you located? Maybe someone from your area could help. You should try to make it to one of the monthly meetings

Great! The club action is picking in north Jersey lately. It’s nice to know people in the area who are involved in this.