• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJRC Members Free. (Hamilton NJ Mercer County)

4 blue/green reef cromis.I have 7,& wanna lighten the load in my 75.Healthy,eating,& fully QT'd They have been in my reef for 2 months.

I also have some GSP mounted,& a small leather frag. Free.

added location to subject - RichT

Re: NJRC Members Free.

Hey There Blktang - Very cool for you to offer some free items, but wanted to point out one thing. Just in case you are not aware, I have learned that keeping less then 6 or 7 chromis is risky. They seem to get very territorial and started dominating (more like pulverizing) the weakest link when the numbers get low. I have 7 right now in peace for 4 months. In my last tank had five for 1.5 years and when one died the battles began until they were down to one in less then 6 months. I've heard this through many others as well.

boontonbob said:
Hey There Blktang - Very cool for you to offer some free items, but wanted to point out one thing. Just in case you are not aware, I have learned that keeping less then 6 or 7 chromis is risky. They seem to get very territorial and started dominating (more like pulverizing) the weakest link when the numbers get low. I have 7 right now in peace for 4 months. In my last tank had five for 1.5 years and when one died the battles began until they were down to one in less then 6 months. I've heard this through many others as well.

Hmmm thanks for the advice.But i dont wanna back out so they are still avalable.

BLKTANG said:
Hmmm thanks for the advice.But i dont wanna back out so they are still avalable.

I don't think anyone in the club would perceive that...but I respect your decision and applaud your generosity to the members.

my experience is when their smaller they school more and seem to have fun. get bigger and more territorial I only have 3 now one hides from the other 2 and the 2 bigger ones are pretty aggressive but not harmful to rest of tank and they do eat alot (no uneaten food)in tank. when their gone goodbye

Here are the pics of the leather.They are spoken for,but nothing is in stone yet.

1 for negative44

1 for danthemanj

I still have a small frag left for free.Its in a cool seashell,great for a nono tank.

O and dont forget the nice GSP frags ;D

Oops forgot the pics. ;D

Behind the hammer its about 5" around when open all the way.

IMG_0313.jpg

This one is about 2" wide,& 4" long.

IMG_0312.jpg

I added 4 Chromis to my brand new 120 on Saturday. Got along fine till last night when 2 of them began to fight over a cave in the rockwork. Hope its not a battle to the death!!!

REEFLECTIONS said:
I WOULD LIKE A LEATHER IF ONE IS STILL THERE :D

I have a tiny frag that isnt spoken for about 1 1/2" if you want that.

If not im gonna wait till tonite to hear from the other guys if someone backs out one of the big ones are yours.

As of now the frag is yours if you want it.Let me know

Dave.

I agree with Dave in that when they are young they school and when they get older they fight more. I wish there was someway to change them out when they get to big and put the big ones back in the ocean.... but that'll never happen.

It's a cool thing you're doing, giving to the club members.

1 big piece pending to negative44

1 big piece pending to REFLECTIONS

1 small frag still available.

all PM's replied.

Both larger pieces are spoken for

1 for Reflections

1 for negative44

Nice GSP,& small leather frag still left.

Friday this offer will be open to anyone,not just NJRC members.

I really need this stuff to go.