• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Photobucket is Scumbucket

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Photobucket is no longer free for third party hosting! On top of that, any past post, here's the picture you now see:

IMG_1830_zpsp7xbh5jm.jpg

For me, that's over 2000 pictures. No notice or heads up.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have no qualms with PB changing up their business plan, but what bothers me is that there was no notification. There are small mom and pop businesses relying on this service, and now they are trapped into paying $400. They advertise a monthly fee, which I'm sure the majority would take as they migrate to other hosts. However, you can only opt for the one year plan.

I'm attempting to download all my pictures , but the site is so slow, as the vacuum of folks leave PB ties up the site. I'm not tech savvy, but I believe I could create my own domain or start a blog that could host my pictures for a fraction of that $400. Dumb folks at PB.

I give them less than two years before they go belly up. Now there's a bunch of dumb people! If you have pictures on PB, download them before they totally disappear.