• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Some pictures from the Keys

Paul B

NJRC Member
My closest friend and dive partner spends half the time in the Florida Keys and half here in New York. We can't really tank any kind of pictures here as the visability here is measured in inches. My avatar was taken from about an inch away here in NY and that's about the farthest away you can get to see on many days. My friend is also a much better underwater photographer than I am. These looked to be very shallow dives and were taken yesterday.
You don't often see these large elkhorn corals any more but I have seen some as big as a house in St Lucia in the Caribbean. Hurricanes and typhoons have a way of toppling these as they are more delicate than more rounder corals.

These roundish corals make up most of the reefs in Florida.

If you dive, you will see fry like these all over the place and most fish consider this an all you can eat buffet. Fry make up a large part of many fishes diet.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice shots! I'm a beginner diver and a beginner photographer as well. That last pic reminded me of a short vid I took while on my honeymoon in Grand Cayman...

Those suckers were everywhere and I was expecting to see some larger fish feeding on them... but none ever did while I was there.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I can't load the video but its my computer, not your video. Grand Cayman actually has some nice diving for the Caribbean, I have dove there a few times. This was Hawaii last year, but Grand Cayman has better visability
:D