• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

10 gallon brute Northern New Jersey

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
are you looking for the square ones? I've seen them at home Depot

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
really looking for any suitable option. Going to be gone a week and want try and make sure tank sitter doesn't have to full with water

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
do you know of anything thing I should be worried about when deciding on an option aka does it need to be food grade etc

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
what i normally do is give it the "squeeze test".....meaning that i try to gauge to see if a particular container will be strong enough to hold water. if it feels flimsy to you, then id walk away.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
they do have a food grade line, but if its just for plain, RO/DI water i wouldn't worry about it. Id be concerned if you were using it to lets say dose Kalk as it could corrode the plastic.

for me, i used HDX 17 Gal. Storage Tote in Black (6-Pack)-HDX17GONLINE(6) - The Home Depot for when i went away on vacation and it worked just fine
i have actually cured rocks in this container recently and it worked out fine....they sell them in singles for about $8per container