• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

10 gallon Nano

Hey everyone. I'm a new member. I'm in the process of setting up a 10 gallon nano. I'm thinking about purchasing coralife aqualight advanced hang on the back halides. Does anyone have any info on these. If so please let me know.

is it the 150hqi setup? if so your goin to have ALOT of algae problems. i had one on a 26 gallon and got soo fed up with the algae that i switched to t5s. i have 2 over my 55 now since one of the legs on my t5 fixture broke and they work well...but for a small tank its a lil over kill. specially with how close the light actually is to the tank. also you will have a over heating problem that you will not be able to fix without a chiller. even with the fan on i heated a 20g tank with one of those lights on it to 87 degrees and it held steady. that was without a heater as well. if you want really good light for a small tank i believe i have a 76 watt PC fixture laying around or just go with a small t5 setup. IMO

Thank you for the advice. Actually, I have lights coming this tuesday, and they are not the hqis, rather, I chose to go with small t5s. I can't wait to get them