• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

135 stocking advice

Wondering what people would think of putting in a 135 gallon tank?

I'll be running a 30 gallon sump and have about 150 lbs of LR.

Tank is 72 x 18 x 25

I'm not sure what I want to put it in and want people's advice/suggestions.

Right now I have 1 black ocellaris and 1 orange and a cleaner shrimp in my 14g biocube. Plus a whole bunch of mixed corals.

I wonder if I'd be able to do a pair of picassos in such a large tank or is it not worth the risk. I've read of other individuals having success keeping 2 pairs of clowns, but not sure.

Decisions, Decisions!

depends if this will be fish only tank or reef. FO. I like butterflys, angels, tusk, a nice wrasse ma be. trigger, tang. its really up to you. go slow..I started to restock my 75 after loosing some really nice fish to ich. so far a lattice butterfly. tom. tang and pearly jawfish.

reeferwanabe said:
depends if this will be fish only tank or reef. FO. I like butterflys, angels, tusk, a nice wrasse ma be. trigger, tang. its really up to you. go slow..I started to restock my 75 after loosing some really nice fish to ich. so far a lattice butterfly. tom. tang and pearly jawfish.

He's looking to go reef witth softies & LPS.

In a large tank like that you can do almost anything. But if you want to really concentrate on SPS and LPS, I would keep the livestock on the lighter side. You shouldn't really have too much trouble with the fish mentioned. The nicest tank I have seen is JerseyWendy's and she has a little of everything.

Good book that is cheap is 101 Saltwater Fishes....not super exciting but they give some nice combinations of fishes for different sized tanks reef/non reef. At least it gives you a some ideas.