• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2 MP10s vs 1 MP40

For my 57g tank. I just got lucky and got a deal on an MP40 for nearly free, I've currently got one mp10w. So I'm wondering if I should sell the mp40 to get a second mp10 wireless. Or sell the one mp10w I've got, and just use the 1 mp40.

Any thoughts from anyone who has used these? Thanks

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
use both. lol they wont be set to max but you have the comfort of knowing you have the flow if needed. if you were ti stick with one, go with the mp40, you can control the flow either way stick with the bigger pump! let me know if you decide to sell the mp10, could use it on the frag tank :p

I would use both, but I'm really digging the new Kessil 360W I've been reading about. So in order to splurge for that the prudent thing would probably be to sell one of these.

I'm liking the idea of the utilizing the wireless sync/anti-sync modes of the 2 mp10s. Just don't know if the 40 would be do even better...

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Ran a 40 on my 57g tank for a year. It will be turned down but provides awesome flow.