• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2009 - July - POTM Contest - Winner! (adesimone1)

malulu

NJRC Member
Congratulations to Terri DeSimone (adesimone1) for winning the 2009 July POTM contest.

Great Picture!!

Quote from Terri:
=================
The photo was taken with a canon sx10 nothing was done to enhance the picture. It is a anemone rare from indonesia. It's tenacles are very sticky and it will pull anything into it's mouth. It had a very large sandsifter starfish and a large Mexican turbo snail completely in it's mouth at the same time.
=================

Thanks and Best Regards,

NJRC - POTM Committee

20090718-2135-large.jpg

Actually, I was just taking pics sitting in front of the tank on the couch it was at night and I just zoomed in on it and that was what I got.

malulu

NJRC Member
adesimone1 said:
Actually, I was just taking pics sitting in front of the tank on the couch it was at night and I just zoomed in on it and that was what I got.

nice!! excellent pic!!

this get me thinking: "...to encourage more people to take great pictures, I just start a thread as "Random shots with great results!" for all to shares - HERE...
:D

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Haha, when you guys were explaining last night how that thing had the starfish and a turbo in it's mouth at the same time, I thought that sounded familiar. I should have remembered it was this beautiful anemone!

It looked pretty cool to me even in the daytime. I'll have to stop by one night to see it in the dark. 8)