• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

20k Pics..

I ordered one for my holding tank and I was like let me try it on my 180 for now since I still need a few pieces that I am waiting. I put the 20k in the middle of my light fixture with 2 x 12k's on both sides +4 T5's B+

Here are some pics and I am really liking the color and sad to say that its brighter than my 12k's Reeflux. Used a topdown box as well

below middle of my tank

010-15.jpg

Midde

003-21.jpg

002-13.jpg

Middle

025-6.jpg

FTS

Untitled.jpg

thanks

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
20K what? The center of the tank definitely looks brighter than the edges. I like that look.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
According to Sanjay, par on the Reeflux is 120 and it is 125 on the Helios 20K (on the EVC Electronic ballast, one of the few the bulbs had in common). The spectral plots are nearly identical. Interesting. The Helios 12.5K bulb is only 121 par. I was expecting it to be more. Hmm.

I saw that also on sanjay's site . I start looking at 20k since I am going with a smaller holding tank and dont wan't to put another T5 supplementation. Its running with blue wave ballast but eventually will go to the A-Medic Oceanlight fixture ..

Subliminal said:
I think it's time to add some coral to that tank. It looks so empty. ;)

:).. I sold most of my sps medium and large colonies. You should have seen it 2 months ago :)

now the problem is what corals will go in here my holding tank or should I say how will I fit all those to here ...

013-8.jpg

pnoyreefer said:
now the problem is what corals will go in here my holding tank or should I say how will I fit all those to here ...

If your really in a bind, I'll take whatever you can't fit in there. But your gonna owe me ;D

Thanks Greg and Bax...

Mike- I got the tank from Jrod/Stan . They have used this on NJRC swap and MR swap and Im just happy they have it for sale. It was a good built by Jrod.