• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

2k gyre

Would this work in a 45 gallons
Dimensions 2 feet x 2 feet.
Looks like a good price for a controllable Pom.
Thought will be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• D2EBA461-5EF5-428B-9996-E93E7215F074.png
    D2EBA461-5EF5-428B-9996-E93E7215F074.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Ok I’ll look at that too!!
I was just thinking 200 gph was a lot water for 2feet..
I’ll probably drive around as I don’t want to wait

erics210

NJRC Member
I have one that has been sitting. Supposed to add it to my main display to vary the flow, but everytime I plan to add it something has happened. Seems very powerful

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I have a 30g long (3' width) and the 2k's are too powerful unless you dial em all the way down, and they're still super strong.
The Icecap 1k's would be ideal but they don't make em anymore and they're hard to find used.

I have Search for it but as you mentioned no one has it!!
I have a 30g long (3' width) and the 2k's are too powerful unless you dial em all the way down, and they're still super strong.
The Icecap 1k's would be ideal but they don't make em anymore and they're hard to find used.

Have you tried it?
It’s the performance at least close?
I would probably buy if it’s good enough
Yes. It's good enough. I have 2 of them running and 1 in storage I haven't had to open yet. Buy a relatively large GPH version. I would buy the biggest one that fits the dimension of the glass your putting it on. The slow down pretty dramatically as they get dirty

PS
Some jeabo advice I "heard" and have no way of proving; they don't like to run under 30%. I stick to that rule, and haven't had any problems.