• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

92 corner Bow

Looking for suggestions:

I bought a corner bow this past weekend 92 gallon rr with stand, have a perfect place for it. I heard that the corner tanks can be a challenge with flow but couldn't pass it up for the price. Any one ever had one of these tanks and found a way to get real good flow? Plan on consolidating my nano's into this tank and then just keeping 1 nano for a frag tank.

Need suggests on the following:

Lighting-- complete T5 or MH with T5

Sump size ( would make it )

Skimmer suggestion? Type and model

Return pump-- size, model

Thanks in advance !!!

lionfish - welcome to njrc!

I am not familar with corner tanks - I have read though that the sump area is difficult to maintenance.

What are the dimensions of the tank? Does it have one or two overflows?

In terms of lighting - either would work.

Sump will be dependent on the size of the stand underneath. Unless you plan on plumbing it elsewhere.

Skimmers - how much are you willing to spend? Do you have preference on the type of skimmer (beckett, downdraft, spray-injection, airstone) etc?

Return pump - again depends on where you will plumb the sump. If it's going under your tank - more than likely you will need an in-sump pump - perhaps a mag drive.

Hawkeye said:
lionfish - welcome to njrc!

I am not familar with corner tanks -
I had a 54corner and a 92corner at one time

I have read though that the sump area is difficult to maintenance.
Its a bit tight under the stand but is manageable if you plan well

What are the dimensions of the tank? Does it have one or two overflows?
One overlow of its a standard tank located in the back point of the tank that goes into the corner

In terms of lighting - either would work.
Lighting can be tricky. If you can hang your lighting off of brackets or a ceiling then you will have an easier time. Other option requires you to customize your mounting legs to sit at non standard angles and can take a bit of work. I used a 36inch fixture with 2 halides and 2 power compacts and customized the legs cause hanging from the ceiling was not an option. You may be able to get a 6 bulb 39w t-5 unit to fit but any more bulbs then that you will end up with the unit overhanging the edges of the tank and will need to set the tank further out from the wall to compensate for the length and width of the fixture plus you will end up with light spilling over the edges of the tank. Clamp on fixtures are a definite option for you. Coralife and a few other brands make clamp on halides that are great for non rectangle tanks.
My old setup

p1882163.jpg

Sump will be dependent on the size of the stand underneath. Unless you plan on plumbing it elsewhere.
I think I used a 20 gallon.....dont recall if it was a 20 long or a 20high though

Skimmers - how much are you willing to spend? Do you have preference on the type of skimmer (beckett, downdraft, spray-injection, airstone) etc?
Personal choice....tons of options out there

Return pump - again depends on where you will plumb the sump. If it's going under your tank - more than likely you will need an in-sump pump - perhaps a mag drive.
I used a mag 9.5 with the sump in the stand and it worked fine

Hope it helped some and welcome aboard.