• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Advice Needed: Pest Control

Shawn2122

NJRC Member
Unfortunately, I think I have discovered some Monti-eating nudibranchs in my tank after some recent inspection. Most of my Montis are completely encrusted and removing them to dip and scrape is not an option without destroying the tank. I figure I am just going to slowly watch my colonies get killed off. Does anybody know any natural ways to keep these guys at bay[I realize complete eradication is impossible without removal]? I was going to add some wrasses[any suggestions?] Any other critters that can help? I also plan to try and siphon out adults every couple of nights when I see them. Will they go after Stylos or Birdsnests?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Rueric

NJRC Member
My memory is a bit hazy on this, and I just may be throwing out names. But potassium chloride or some other chemical dipping compound has some anecdotal evidence on it. On Facebook, find chummingham, you may be able to ask him cause I think it was a video I saw where he talked about it